It is the primary responsibility of the Staff Accountant to provide professional level bookkeeping and accounting skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide support to the Executive Pastor in all aspects of the accounting process including, but not limited to the following:
- Oversee and perform all financial operations including contributions, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and 1099, general ledger, yearly budget and planning, yearly audit, cash management, and compliance with applicable federal, state and city
filings, laws and regulations.
- Develop and maintain financial systems and policies to ensure effective stewardship of church resources.
- Provide long-term planning, forecasting and modeling of trends and strategic initiatives.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial statements and ministry reports
- Prepare and distribute weekly attendance and financial reports
- Maintain credit cards and expense reports
- Maintain and track pledges to My Life (capital campaign)
- Perform special projects and duties as assigned
This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting (preferred) with at least two years’ accounting operations experience preferably with a church or nonprofit organization
- Excellent knowledge of standard accounting practices
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and communicate in a professional manner
- Demonstrable record of consistent personal, professional and spiritual growth
- Must be a forward-thinking individual with a desire to help the team win through increased organizational effectiveness
- Must have a collaborative and flexible leadership style with a strong service mentality
- Adept at building strategic working relationships with both staff and volunteers
- Must be an expert on using QuickBooks
- Must be an advanced expert on using Excel
- Sunday – offering pick up and occasional usher training
- Work Special Events including Christmas and Easter
- Attend Monthly Staff meeting second Friday of each month
Please send cover letter and resume to:
The River Community Church, Attn: Staff Accountant Position, 10171 Bergin Road, Howell, MI 48843
Feel free to email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please no phone calls. We will respond to all who apply for the position after a review of your resume as quickly as possible.
Please apply directly to The River Community Church and
not through the Church Staffing website. Thank you.