Pastor of Youth and Children
Our purpose at Calvary Community Church is to reach people with the gospel of Jesus Christ and help them become Christ-centered, cross-focused Christians.
Our vision at Calvary Community Church is to participate in God’s work of Mission: proclamation of the gospel; Redemption: application of the gospel; and Community: identification with the gospel.
Under the guidance and counsel of the Senior Pastor and Elders, and guided by the vision and purpose of Calvary Community Church, the Pastor of Youth and Children will:
1. provide spiritual leadership to the children, volunteer workers and ministry leaders of the children’s ministry (birth through 6th grade) at Calvary Community Church;
2. provide spiritual leadership to the youth and volunteer workers in the youth ministries (Jr. High/Sr. High) at Calvary Community Church;
3. mentor and support parents as they shepherd their own children;
4. assist the Senior Pastor as necessary.
Requirements of Position
The person to fill this position needs to have experience in youth and children's ministries. The pastor should have most or all of the following gifts and abilities: leadership, teaching, training, encouragement, shepherding, vision, a heart for prayer,
and a love for children, students and their families. A mature relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as well as agreement with the Statement of Faith and Church Covenant of Calvary Community Church is also required.
This position requires that regular office hours be maintained for the completion of church business and ministry needs.
The Pastor of Youth and Children should continue to pursue professional growth through seminars, workshops, classes, and/or on-line venues.
A Bible College or Seminary degree is preferred.
1. To help build a culture of discipleship among children, youth, parents and leaders
2. Recruit and equip a team of volunteers in Youth and Children Ministries that leads to sustainability in these ministry areas (not dependent on paid staff).
3. Create a safe environment for Youth and Children that encourages growth in spiritual maturity.
4. Encourage and equip parents in their role as the primary disciple-makers of their children. Support them in teaching and mentoring their children in a life of following Christ.
5. Develop student leaders who will be equipped to lead and make disciples of their peers.
6. Integrate Youth and Children into the larger church community. Help foster an “extended family” atmosphere where all ages are valued and contribute.
7. Work with leaders to develop a coordinated curriculum for all ages that progressively teaches and models life in Christ.
8. The Pastor of Youth and Children will be involved in the life of Calvary Community Church and the community at large, seeking out relationships with those who do not know Christ thereby modeling a missional lifestyle.