This position develops, nurtures and implements an engaging, comprehensive ministry to middle school and high school students, as well as their families.
• A growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Training/background/full-time experience in student ministry.
• College education (degree preferred)
• Proven ability to build a leadership team, which includes students, adults and parents.
• A track record of working and communicating well with parents (our goal is to have parents informed and involved in the student ministry).
• A strong upfront communicator who can apply Biblical principles to everyday life.
• Organization skills for event planning and implementation.
• Competent time management skills.
• A self-starter with problem solving skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Creative team player.
• Works well with others.
• Supportive and cooperative team member.
• Relationship builder.
• Positive attitude.
• To be in agreement with the vision and Statement of Faith of Christ Church of Orlando.
• Live a consistent and Spirit-filled Christian life according to the Scriptures.
• Love students and enjoy people.
• Leading in times of worship for students.
• Implement a strategy for vibrant ministry that engages and connects middle school and high school students to the overarching vision and mission of Christ Church of Orlando.
• Provide on-going opportunities to engender and develop personal devotion, worship services, group life, meaningful contributions--let's not forget having a lot of fun!
• Develop comprehensive year calendar and ministry plan.
• Prayerfully lead, develop, nurture and train youth ministry team volunteers (both student and adult volunteers) for high school ministry.
• Oversee the programmatic needs of teaching, training, event participation, and risk management as it relates to middle and high school.
• To care for one’s own spiritual and family development.
• To follow an intergenerational approach to student ministry.
• Nurture and incorporate students in ministry throughout the church organization.
• Develop and implement communication processes to youth, parents and church leadership.
• To engage as a leader in general church activities, as well as a team player with other staff members and departments as needed, for greater impact of the entire church.
• To develop adult and student leaders.
• To initiate, plan, mobilize teams and leadership for regular ministry events as well as special events and outreach events. (trips to theme parks, ball games, outreach events, local and foreign mission trips, etc.)
• To use media and social networking.
• To maintain active communication with parents.
• To align the youth ministry with the overall vision of Christ Church of Orlando.
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS RELATIVE TO THIS POSITION
• Tech and media capabilities is a plus. (video, graphic, online)
• Music ability is a plus.