ASSOCIATE PASTOR AT JEFFERSON CAMPUS
To serve the church by providing comprehensive leadership and oversight to all of the worship and connection-related ministries at the Jefferson Campus of YNCC (www.ynccla.org, www.jeffersonla.org)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN WORSHIP MINISTRY
- Plan worship services in cooperation with the senior pastor and lead pastor, as well as the multimedia, sound, music, and creative arts teams.
- Plan and evaluate innovative worship services with the strategic focus of leading people to Christ and becoming like him.
- Provide pastoral care, leadership, training, and skills development to the leaders and volunteers of the various teams in the Worship Department:
- Oversee the scheduling of sound engineers, singers, musicians, and other personnel for worship.
- Oversee the presentation of creative arts productions for worship (music, drama, media, technology, dance, arts, design, etc.).
- Communicate regularly with the Lead Pastor regarding worship ministries goals, plans, progress, and evaluation.
- Oversee the purchase, maintenance and repair of all musical instruments and sound/media equipment.
- Lead worship and preach sermons when called upon by the Lead Pastor.
- Submit a budget proposal for the worship ministries annually and operate within the approved budget
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN CONNECTION MINISTRY
- Connect people to one another by creating healthy environments and developing a process of assimilation for the new and existing attenders.
- Move unchurched guests to becoming fully developing members. This includes the Sunday experience, follow-up to first-time guests and next step decisions, new believer follow-up and care, leading people to take the step of baptism and church membership,
and move towards spiritual growth and maturity.
- Provide pastoral care, leadership, training, and skills development to the leaders and volunteers of the various teams in the Connection Department:
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve in other ministry capacities as deemed necessary by the Senior Pastor.
- Perform regular pastoral duties including: baptisms, communion, weddings, funerals, teaching in small and mid-size groups, administration, and pastoral care.
EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Committed to a vital, growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Committed to the theology, mission, vision, strategies, and priorities of YNCC.
- Visionary leader; forward thinker; self-directed; creative.
- Experience in leading successful ministry in a multi-cultural ministry context.
- Gifted administrative & organizational skills to plan, implement, track, and evaluate.
- Excellent teacher, communicator, and equipper.
- Report to the Lead Pastor of the Jefferson Campus.
- Work closely with pastors, staff, and ministry teams in fulfilling YNCC’s mission of leading people to Christ and become like him.