ASSOCIATE PASTOR AT JEFFERSON CAMPUS
To serve the church by providing comprehensive leadership and oversight to all of the worship and connection-related ministries at the Jefferson Campus of YNCC (www.ynccla.org, www.jeffersonla.org)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN WORSHIP MINISTRY
- Plan worship services in cooperation with the senior pastor and lead pastor, as well as the multimedia, sound, music, and creative arts teams.
- Plan and evaluate innovative worship services with the strategic focus of leading people to Christ and becoming like him.
- Provide pastoral care, leadership, training, and skills development to the leaders and volunteers of the various teams in the Worship Department:
- Oversee the scheduling of sound engineers, singers, musicians, and other personnel for worship.
- Oversee the presentation of creative arts productions for worship (music, drama, media, technology, dance, arts, design, etc.).
- Communicate regularly with the Lead Pastor regarding worship ministries goals, plans, progress, and evaluation.
- Oversee the purchase, maintenance and repair of all musical instruments and sound/media equipment.
- Lead worship and preach sermons when called upon by the Lead Pastor.
- Submit a budget proposal for the worship ministries annually and operate within the approved budget
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN CONNECTION MINISTRY
- Connect people to one another by creating healthy environments and developing a process of assimilation for the new and existing attenders.
- Move unchurched guests to becoming fully developing members. This includes the Sunday experience, follow-up to first-time guests and next step decisions, new believer follow-up and care, leading people to take the step of baptism and church membership, and move towards spiritual growth and maturity.
- Provide pastoral care, leadership, training, and skills development to the leaders and volunteers of the various teams in the Connection Department:
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve in other ministry capacities as deemed necessary by the Senior Pastor.
- Perform regular pastoral duties including: baptisms, communion, weddings, funerals, teaching in small and mid-size groups, administration, and pastoral care.
EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Committed to a vital, growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Committed to the theology, mission, vision, strategies, and priorities of YNCC.
- Visionary leader; forward thinker; self-directed; creative.
- Experience in leading successful ministry in a multi-cultural ministry context.
- Gifted administrative & organizational skills to plan, implement, track, and evaluate.
- Excellent teacher, communicator, and equipper.
- Report to the Lead Pastor of the Jefferson Campus.
- Work closely with pastors, staff, and ministry teams in fulfilling YNCC’s mission of leading people to Christ and become like him.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
Associate/Worship PastorDupont Church of the Brethren
- Dupont, Ohio
- January 17
Young Nak Celebration Church
About the Bible We believe that the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of humanity, and the only infallible rule and authority for faith, practice and life. About God We believe in one true and living God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. About Jesus Christ We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having More...