This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Southpoint Baptist Church
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 01/26/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Part-Time
The Youth director will have coordinative oversight of all Youth ministries and activities for 6th grade through 12 grade.
1. Develop and maintain a calendar of activities for the Youth involving all ministries for Youth within the church including: Word of Life, Sunday School and music.
a. This will include 15-24 activities per year outside of normal church service times.
b. Encourage self and youth workers to attend as many school functions as possible to grow the department
2. Will have responsibility to work with Sunday School Director to coordinate the Youth Sunday School ministry including the selection of materials and possible training opportunities for the teachers
3. Will work directly with Minister of Music to coordinate all youth music programs and ministries.
4. It will be a requirement that this position communicate frequently with the Pastor the activities, plans and results of the Youth ministries.
5. It is anticipated that an average of 15 to 20 hours per week will be required. At least 4 of those hours will be required on church property during regular church office hours Monday through Friday in order to plan, coordinate and meet with Pastor, staff and volunteer workers.
6. Implement and recruit individuals for an effective Youth Ministry outreach program.