Crossroads Church of Avon
Please email resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org Don't send your resume via Church Staffing.
Crossroads Church is located 20 minutes from the center of Indianapolis in the 2nd fastest growing county in the state. There are 150,000 people within a 7 mile radius and 2/3 have no level of commitment to a church. We intend to change that. Crossroads
is known for a relaxed welcoming environment and the 600+ attendees on Sunday love their cookies and coffee. We are beginning preparations for phase 1 of a new children's ministry environment for birth through K including an indoor play-scape. We are looking
for a team member who is ready to grow our chidren's ministry. Let us hear from you.
Scope of Responsibility
Provide leadership, vision and coordination to reach and disciple children and provide resources for parents to help them develop positive Christian homes.
Reports to the Lead Pastor, cooperates with other pastoral staff, directs volunteer leaders and teams.
- Oversee all aspects of children’s ministry, birth through sixth grade, with the goal of providing excellent age-appropriate programming that attracts and teaches children.
- Support the unity of Crossroads Church, contributing to the unity among staff and congregation.
- Recruit and equip children’s teachers, leaders, and workers.
- Develop, implement and measure plans to improve children’s ministry.
- Strong focus on preparations with Children’s Ministry leadership to insure effective ministry.
- Provide training and support for families with children including parental training.
- Oversee children’s facility development, equipment selection and use.
- Oversee curriculum selection providing continuity from birth through sixth.
- Facilitate smooth age/grade transitions.
- Formulate a Children’s Ministry budget in consultation with appropriate staff members.
- Manage SafeSitter training, oversee childcare for all ministries, and insure background checks are completed for each ministry volunteer.
- Initiate children’s outreach and participate in adult outreach to the community.
- Share general pastoral duties at the church and any other task assigned.
Qualifications, Education, Experience
- Undergraduate degree and/or equivalent experience in leading a vibrant children’s ministry
- Born again with an energetic faith, an agreeable personality, and capable of developing positive relationships
- Excellent verbal, written, and leadership skills and MAC/design skills are a plus
- Teachable spirit and the ability to work with others and prevent/resolve conflict
- Ability to lead this vibrant children’s ministry to a higher level of effectiveness
- Passionate about reaching and supporting families and children
- Able to cast and implement vision that supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Crossroads
- Organized, proactive, and self-motivated; able to work with little supervision yet able to work effectively with teams of volunteers and peers