This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
Northwest Bible Church
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 01/23/2009
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE VISIT: www.northwestbible.org/jobs or send resume and/or cover letter to Tina Johnson, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 214-265-1609.
Director of Children’s Ministry
Northwest Bible Church is seeking an experienced individual to oversee and develop a growing ministry of 400 children, birth through sixth grade. The ideal candidate will be a godly leader of excellent character, great competence and have a passion for leading a children’s ministry in Dallas, Texas. This leader must demonstrate the ability to express vision for the future of Northwest’s children’s ministry and be a gifted leader with vision for reaching and discipling children. The leader must have a proven ability to recruit, train, direct, evaluate and develop a core of volunteers and must be a contagious communicator who can inspire volunteer and staff teams. The leader must have a proven track record of engaging parents in children’s ministry. Finally, the ideal candidate will have an education background and an understanding of how children grow spiritually.
Northwest Bible Church
POSITION: Director of Children’s Ministry
REPORTS TO: Minister of Family
DIRECT REPORTS: All early childhood and elementary ministry staff, including the children’s ministry administrative assistant and intern.
POSITION PURPOSE: To lead, oversee, and develop all aspects of children’s ministry (birth through sixth grade), including staff, volunteers, programming, curriculum, and special events.
• Communicate a compelling vision for children’s ministries
• Demonstrate progress each week toward overall mission in all areas of ministry
• Develop a network of spiritually gifted volunteers who can reach and disciple children toward spiritual maturity
• Provide a safe environment for our children
• Lead and create children’s ministry leadership training events
• Oversee and lead the children’s ministries staff, volunteer and paid
• Coordinate all Children’s Ministry activities, including Sunday morning and mid-week classes and Vacation Bible School
• Attend weekly staff meetings and any additional leadership or church-wide events required by senior leadership
• A strong, vibrant walk with Jesus Christ
• Proven experience in a multi-staff, multi-service environment of at least 3 years
• College Bachelor’s degree
• A track record of recruiting, training and retaining a volunteer staff of adults
• A passion to relevantly reach and disciple children to passionately pursue Jesus
• A desire to partner with the Minister of Family in intentionally ministering to parents
• Willingness to participate in the development of an overall family ministry strategy
• Strong organizational, time-management, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
• A creative team player able to think outside the box
• Position requires a full time presence in the office from Monday through Thursday, Wednesday nights and Sunday