Supervise all activities and ministries that pertains to the early childhood facilities and care for children age birth through Kindergarten. This supervision entails proper coordination of ministries for these ages on Sunday, Wednesday nights and
other special events.
- To represent the nursery and preschool department and its interests at all church leadership meetings and serve as a liaison between the church leadership, volunteers, and parents.
- To assist and coordinate with the Children’s Pastor in discovering, recruiting, and enlisting volunteers, teachers and assistants for the department.
- To work with the Children’s Pastor to plan for increased Sunday and Wednesday attendance and all departmental activities.
- To plan with the Children’s Pastor all leadership training for the leaders and teachers in the preschool department.
- To coordinate with the Children’s Pastor all fellowship events for this age.
- To prepare and request a department budget for the first of each calendar year. To monitor spending of the nursery and preschool staff. To make requests for equipment and space as needed through the Children’s Pastor.
- To assist the Children’s Pastor in securing curriculum, literature and other resources for the department from appropriate sources.
- To set goals, work out schedules, and make plans with all volunteers, teachers and assistants.
- To meet and greet each family that enters in the Preschool Building each Sunday morning before and after services and each Wednesday evening
- To love children and model Christ to them.
- To pray for the children under your ministry each week.
- To pray for your co-workers each week.
- To provide care for volunteers, teachers and assistants in your ministry.
- To be a praying, tithing and participating member of the church. This includes attending at least one service each week and taking advantage of Bible studies classes, teacher training workshops, spiritual growth classes, etc.
- To complete and pass a background check.
Variable outside preparation time
Availability to department staff
Sundays from 8:30am-1:00pm (or until last child is picked up and rooms are straightened)
Wednesdays from 6:30pm-9:00pm (or until last child is picked up and rooms are straightened)
Thursdays, in church office day.