The Bridge is an Evangelical Free Church in Newbury Park, California whose primary mission is to help people become disciples of Jesus Christ. We are seeking a senior pastor who will serve as the primary spiritual leader of The Bridge through preaching God’s
Word, overseeing the shepherding of God’s people, and promoting and implementing the church’s vision and mission. This person shall be of established Christian character, sound in faith and doctrine, whose qualifications shall be those as found in I Timothy
3:1-7, II Timothy 2:15, Titus 1:5-9, and I Peter 5:1-4. He shall have a demonstrated obedience to Christ with a sense of contagious excitement about his faith.
We are looking for a senior pastor who is passionate about equipping our body of believers to be ambassadors for Christ. Our next senior pastor must have a heart and vision for evangelism in our community and a plan for executing that vision. To that end,
he should have demonstrated effective leadership in reaching the unreached through the body of believers and bringing them into the church. Our senior pastor must be deeply committed to the power of prayer, demonstrate an active devotional life, and be a life-long
The senior pastor shall be the spiritual leader of the congregation and the primary preaching pastor of the church (38-44 weeks per year). He shall provide collaborative leadership with the elders and pastoral and directorial staff in developing, communicating,
and executing the vision and direction of the church. He shall provide leadership for the discipling and spiritual leadership development of pastors and directors. He shall encourage the continued advancement of multi-cultural, multi-site and multi-generational
- Must have a Master’s in Divinity from an accredited seminary with coursework in biblical and theological training.
- Must have a previous history of pastoring a church in California.
- Must be credentialed by the Evangelical Free Church of America or willing to start the credentialing process within 18 months of his call to the church.
- Must have seven years of preaching experience within the last 10 years and currently serving in a church, on the mission field, or in some other form of active ministry.
- Demonstrated effective leadership of a church experiencing growth in 21st century America, preferably growth from a period of decline.