First Church of God (firstchurchconnect.com)
TITLE: Pastor of Children and Families
PURPOSE: Lead and Shepherd the Children’s Ministry of First Church of God through the development of teams of volunteers who love God and love kids!
SUPERVISION: Senior Pastor or his designee
-Develop a strategic ministry plan to reach children (birth-5th grade)
-Recruit & equip a ministry team of volunteers to lead the ministry
-Partner with families and resource parents for family leadership
-Organize & coordinate special events
-Provide pastoral care to children & parents as needed
-Oversee the Director of Stepping Stones Preschool & maintain the ministry focus and alignment with First
Church of God.
-Assist in the administration of the sacraments and other ministry leadership as needed.
-Support the mission & ministry values outlined by church leadership
-Motivate, train & equip volunteer laypersons to do ministry
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
-College education preferred
-Three years of leadership in a church environment or pastoral leadership experience
-Two years of children’s ministry experience preferred
-Gifts in developing teams & reproducing leaders
-Ability to relate well with children & adults
-Self-starting, able to create systems to organize, develop, plan & administrate ministry
-Cash Salary, Housing Allowance, Professional Expense Allowance
-Optional Pension and 403b Benefits.
-Annual ministry review with Senior Pastor
-Recommended by Senior Pastor and Staff Committee and then affirmed by the Leadership Team.
Candidate must agree to comply with the Personnel Policies and Procedures of First Church of God.
Profile: Pastor of Children & Families
First Church of God
- Strives to grow deeper spiritually, through daily devotional time, Bible-reading, and prayer being accountable by either a small group or mentor (Daniel 6:10, Matthew 6:11).
- In humility, considers others better than himself, taking the very nature of a servant to those around him (Philippians 2:3-7)
- Exhibits care and compassion to those within his flock (John 10:11-15)
- Intentional about reaching out to people, learning their names, and getting to know them. (Luke 15:2, Mark 9:37)
- Passionate about making disciples of all nations, teaching them to obey, and equips others to do the same. (Romans 10:14-15, Matthew 28:19-20)
- Shares the gospel with friends and neighbors, motivating the church to impact the local community (Acts 8:34-35 and 6:1-4)
- Promotes unity within the body, seeking healing and forgiveness, while dealing with conflict in a Godly manner (Ephesians 4:3-6, Matthew 18:15-17)
- Teaches sound doctrine from God’s Word during children’s ministry programming, practice and teaching through prayer, teaching time, worship lyrics, scripture reading, etc., that leads to spiritual growth within the congregation. (Titus 1:9, Acts 18:24-28)
- Worships the Lord in spirit and truth, exhibiting a life of authenticity, knowing that God is the only audience that matters (John 4:23-24, Matthew 6:5)
- Commits to a regular tithe of 10% as well as joining others in giving sacrificially, understanding that the earth and all that is in it belongs to God (Matthew 6:2-4, I Corinthians 16:2)
- Life demonstrates a belief that the Bible is the inerrant, infallible word of God
- Life is in accordance with scripture found in 1st Timothy and Titus.
- Possess the educational background or equivalent experience needed to lead God’s People in children and family ministries.
Please submit cover letter and resume by Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorNew Life Bible Fellowship
- Tucson, Arizona
- January 17
Director of Children's MinistryTrinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Director of Preschool & Children's MinistriesFBC Greeneville
- Greeneville, Tennessee
- January 17
Director of Children's MinistryFellowship Bible Church of the Ozarks
- Rogersville, Missouri
- January 17
Children and Family Ministry DirectorSt Luke Lutheran Church
- Gahanna, Ohio
- January 16