Please email resumes to see the c.pena@myFCM.org and include: children's minister in the subject line.
Foundation Christian Ministries Children’s Minister
Foundation Christian Ministries is one of the fastest growing churches in our area (Bastrop County, Tx., 20 minutes east of Austin). We are looking for someone who will take our growing, thriving Children’s Ministries to the next level, and help us accomplish
our mission of “being Christlike disciple makers”.
Our search is for a highly qualified, highly motivated Children's Minister with experience directing a vibrant children's ministry. This is a full time position and salary will be based on experience.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a ministry and/or education field preferred.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, writing and editing.
- Graphic design a plus.
- Be a born again believer with a maturing relationship with Christ.
- Show a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in I Timothy 3:1-7 (and meet qualifications set forth in Titus 1:5-9.)
- Have a strong desire to serve God.
- A thorough knowledge of Bible is essential.
- Have knowledge and skill in the philosophy, psychology and principles of (Christian education, as well as experience in a successful student program.)
- Administration/Business Management experience is a plus.
- Larger church experience is a plus.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers for all age groups and classes for Sunday services and Wednesday night Elevate schedule.
- Schedule volunteers and effectively communicate schedule.
- Ensure check-in and check-out of children is secure and efficient
- Plan and purchase curriculum for each age group.
- Ensure that curriculum is being taught and kids are enjoying their classes
- Ensure that the 3D area (including playground area) is clean and safe for each service.
- Ensure that tables and toys are wiped down with disinfectant weekly
- Be visible, friendly and energetic with kids, parents and volunteers
- Address concerns in a positive, empathetic manner.
- Encourage and check on volunteers frequently.
Administrative and Accountability:
- Maintain a well-planned, carefully balanced program throughout the year coordinated with the church calendar of events.
- Regularly interact with Senior Pastoral staff and Elder board and communicate progress of the student program as requested.
- Attend meetings and feedback sessions with leadership, Senior Pastoral staff and Elders for prayer and planning as necessary.