This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
West End Community Church
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 01/20/2009
Categories: Discipleship Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCA
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Ministry Position Opportunity
Position Title: Discipleship Pastor
Reports to: Staff Director
Relates closely to: Church ministry staff
Purpose of this Position: To minister to families at WECC by leading various ministries with a
primary role as a leader to disciple and educate.
WHO IS WEST END COMMUNITY CHURCH? (WECC) We are an innovative, active church in
the Presbyterian Church in America. Established as a plant of Christ Community Church
(Franklin, TN) in 1997, WECC’s mission is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. Our vision is to
be a church that engages the people of the Nashville area and places where we serve by
communicating the life-transforming story of God’s redeeming love through Jesus Christ. We
seek and build God’s kingdom by making, maturing, and equipping followers of Jesus who will
influence our culture by bringing the gospel to bear on all of life.
Core Values: Gospel, Love, Worship, Family, Community, Renewal, Service
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and Execute discipleship vision and strategy
• Organize and Develop small group discipleship ministry
Small Groups, Sunday School, Men’s Ministry
• Invigorate and Enhance Community Group ministry
• Develop, Coordinate and Lead Sunday School classes
• Develop/train current and new leaders
• Invite and Encourage the congregation into small group ministry
• Be active in Participating, Leading and Developing Men’s ministry
• Personal counseling assistance as needed
• Home/hospital visits as needed
• Preach 20%+ of Sunday services annually
1. Spiritual gifts: pastor/shepherd, exhortation.
2. Responsible: ability to collect, organize and complete tasks in timely manner.
3. Respectable: person of great integrity and positive attitude warranting the respect of others.
4. Interpersonal Skills: ability to communicate well with variety of different people.
5. Exhibit characteristics of pastoral ministry such as leadership, spiritual maturity, wisdom, and
the work of the Holy Spirit as expressed in I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, I Peter 5:1-4
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum education requirement: Bachelor degree and a Master of Divinity degree from a
recognized, evangelical seminary is required.
• This person must meet the requirements for elder and ordination in PCA.
• Minimum 3 years of ministry experience.
Salary, health insurance, and benefits commensurate with education, experience and in keeping
with the WECC Employee Policy.
Consider this role IF ...
You love people... Jesus was all about loving people ... we want to be the same way.
You aren’t just looking for a job or transition...
You don’t you’re a superstar... God gets all the glory ... all the time!
You are flexible...
You see yourself as a team member and leader. We work as a team and everyone matters.
Your focus is positive... Every problem has a solution ... lead us to it.
You are motivated and give your best efforts.
You value feedback... Fear of honest feedback shows interest in self-preservation
You have a servant’s heart... Jesus said He came to serve, not to be served.
You like a changing culture and environment.
You are focused and passionate about the personal calling and gifts that you’ve been given.
It’s not about you or even us ... it’s all about HIM.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re qualified and interested, please send us the following:
2. Six (6) References with complete contact information including e-mail and phone
3. A Personal Vision/Ministry Statement regarding Discipleship, Sunday School and
4. A Current Ministry Data Form from the PCA
5. A sample outline for a class you have recently taught
6. Teaching Recordings - via Links to Two (2) Mp3’s, (2)Cds
Please send us any other relevant info such as websites or links to blogs. We will keep your
submission in confidence.
Send it all to:firstname.lastname@example.org
or send to:
WECC Discipleship Position
6737 North Creekwood Drive
Brentwood, TN 37027