Effort Baptist Church (www.effortchurch.org), a growing congregation in Palmyra, just outside of Charlottesville, Va is searching for a transformational leader to join our staff team and lead our Worship Arts Ministry.
The Worship Arts Minister will lead Effort teams that facilitate the worship of God by the people of God. These teams include: Contemporary Worship Team, Choir, Audio/Media Team, and the various teams that the church to use the arts on mission to our community.
- Serve as the primary worship leader for the contemporary worship service.
- Plan Worship for the contemporary service in concert with the Senior Pastor.
- Support the planning of the blended/traditional service in concert with Senior Pastor and Choir Director.
- Oversee, recruit, train and develop the Contemporary Service worship bands.
- Represent the Worship Arts team at EBC staff meetings.
- Coordinate worship, leadership for special worship events thoughout the year (Thanksgiving,Christmas Eve, etc.)
- Develop, launch and lead creative arts ministry initiatives.
- Coordinate Audio/Media teams for both services.
- Cultivate an environment in which people embrace a lifestyle of worship.
- Assist in budget development and oversees areas related to ministry responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ and become a member of EBC.
- Possess a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in music or equivalent experience. A graduate degree in a ministry related field is preferred.
- Possess a track record of leadership and growth in a local church setting.
- Be a person of godly character and spiritual maturity.
- Support the theological framework, mission and vision of EBC
Please send resume, cover letter, worship sample video or audio of at least two songs to:
Effort Baptist Church
Attention: Worship Pastor Search
7820 Thomas Jefferson Parkway
Palmyra, Va. 22963
Email Personnel Chair Wanda Kidd at