We are a family-oriented community of faith where anyone at any stage of life can experience the dynamic presence of God. Our commitment to love, acceptance and forgiveness allows God to bring people to wholeness through restoration and spiritual formation.
Life is a battle but Niceville Assembly is the church where no one fights alone.
About this Position
We are looking for a young, high octane, full-throttle type of individual to lead our student ministries
(6th-12th grade & young adults). This person must be highly relational, a great communicator, and passionate about helping students connect to Christ and each other. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successful ministry
in a high-pace, creative/innovative, and relationally driven environment.
Role and Responsibilities
The Student Ministries Pastor provides overall leadership to the student ministries department and serves as a valuable member of the pastoral staff in various other areas of responsibility, as assigned by the Lead Pastor. Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate all aspects of weekly services for students (6th-12th grade) & young adults (18-25 yrs old).
- Preach/teach weekly student ministry services and classes (and other special services, as needed).
- Develop a flagship ministry for college-age singles and young adults.
- Manage the annual budget of the student ministries department.
- Plan, organize and execute on/off-campus events and activities, summer camps, retreats/conferences, missions trips, bible studies, etc. for students and young adults.
- Offer parenting classes, seminars and other resources to couples/single parents with teenagers.
- Provide spiritual guidance as needed to students, parents and young adults.
- Serve the congregation by providing general pastoral care, including performance of weddings & funerals, water baptisms, on-call rotation, hospital visitation, and other appropriate ministries in times of crisis.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in youth ministry required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Theology, Biblical Studies, Youth Ministry or other related field.
- Must be in agreement with the doctrines of Niceville Assembly (http://bit.ly/145YAE5).
We expect the potential candidate to be theologically grounded; to have experience leading a growing student ministry; to have exceptional skills in recruiting, training and developing paid and/or volunteer teams; to possess the ability to effectively communicate
biblical truths and organizational vision; and to demonstrate adept interpersonal skills. We'll give priority to candidates looking to pursue a long future in student ministries and who are interested in growing roots in our community.
Salary & Benefits Package:
- Salary based upon experience and qualifications
- Employee medical, dental & vision insurance
- Relocation expenses
- Paid vacation
- Sun (8.30am – 12:30pm)
- Mon – Thurs (9am – 5pm)
- Occasional afterhours/weekends typical of pastoral ministry
Submit cover letter and resume to Debbie Early (firstname.lastname@example.org | Subject: Student Ministries Pastor). *Including a photograph of yourself and videos/links of you speaking at church services/events
is highly encouraged.