Ben Davis Christian Church (BDCC) is seeking an energetic, innovative Director of Children’s Ministry with a heart and passion for children ranging in age from birth to 5th grade and a dedication to introducing them to and developing a relationship
with Jesus Christ. Individuals should have a passion for teaching Biblically-based principles in a fun, exciting, and engaging way that children can easily understand.
Minimum requirements include:
- Well established in Christian faith
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience leading a Children’s Ministry and/or be college educated in ministry, early child education, or education.
- Strong leadership, communication, and delegation skills
- Ability to cast and implement vision that supports and enhances the overall BDCC vision
- Proven self-motivation, organization, and time-management skills
- Has demonstrated an ability to work independently with little supervision, yet have the ability to work excellently with the elders, staff, and other ministry leaders
- Desire to reach out to, connect with, and serve children in the community
- Have a successful history of:
- Strategic planning
- Planning events/programs and handling logistics
- Recruiting and training volunteers
- Mobilizing and encouraging volunteers
- Ability to develop and work within a budget
- Experience in developing, customizing, and maintaining Biblically-based children’s programming
Ben Davis Christian Church, founded in 1923, is an independent Christian church, focused on creating an environment where people of every age may have passionate hearts for God and compassionate hearts for others. With the upcoming retirement of our Senior
Minister, BDCC is currently undergoing revitalization as we refocus and re-strategize to better serve and reach our diverse and changing community. The new Director of Children’s Ministry will have the opportunity to become involved at the ground level in
not only reshaping the Children’s Ministry, a vital component of BDCC, but also the strategy and direction of our church in this new and exciting phase in her history.
The full job description is available on the Ben Davis Christian Church website,
http://www.bdcc.org/children/. If you believe that you may be the candidate God has in mind for this position, please submit a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com. After reviewing the submitted cover letters and resumes, our search team
will request supplemental information and references from selected candidates.