Sun Valley Community Church began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. At present Sun Valley has three campuses located in Gilbert, Tempe and Casa Grande with a total weekend attendance of over 5,000 and was recently named by Outreach Magazine
as one of the top 10 fastest growing churches in America. The Tempe Campus was the result of a merger is October 2011 with Bethany Community Church. In the merger Sun Valley acquired a 16-acre, 8-building campus with over 100,000 sq. ft. under roof. At present,
the campus attendance is 1,000, but when fully utilized, the campus capacity will accommodate about 7,000.
The Campus Pastor serves as the point leader on his respective campus. His role is to lead the staff and volunteer leaders to build the Sun Valley Culture in their unique campus context. He will provide leadership to the Tempe Campus Lead Team and work in
coordination with other Sun Valley Campus Pastors and Lead Pastors. He will be a model of integrity, living out biblical truth and demonstrate the Core Values of Sun Valley – authenticity, community and generosity.
The Preferred Candidate:
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for Pastoral leadership.
- Received education and training that has equipped them for vocational ministry in a large ministry context.
- Full-time experience working in a church of over 2,000 in a leadership role with a track record of leading teams through healthy ministry growth and progress.
- Agree with the vision, values, pathway, leadership distinctives, campus constants, and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- Understand and embrace the culture of Sun Valley.
- Innovative thinker who demonstrates resourcefulness regarding both people and projects.
- Strategic in nature, with the ability to see and implement the steps that it takes to get from here to there.
- Be self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet love to live life with a team.
- Reproduce and advance the Sun Valley culture in the context of Tempe, AZ.
- Champion and build organizational alignment around and through the mission, vision, values, pathway, leadership distinctives, campus constants, and doctrinal statement.
- Oversee the implementation of the goals, calendars and budgets of all ministries on the Tempe Campus.
- Work with the Central Business Department to manage the Campus Budget and Campus Operations.
- Oversee the Campus Staff and in so doing create a healthy staff team environment and leadership culture.
- Empower the congregations to reach the surrounding community with the Gospel.
- Problem solve and shepherd congregational matters.
- Participate in regular coaching, monthly training/reporting and annual job performance reviews/evaluations.
Interested parties should email their resume to Linda Penrod @