This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister to Students
Cave Spring Baptist Church
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 01/15/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Minister to Students will be responsible for the development and maintenance of a comprehensive student ministry for grades 6th - 12th by means of strong relationships, solid theological content and the use of role models. The student Minister will promote and work within the Purpose and Process of Cave Spring Baptist Church.
The Minister to students will work in harmony with the Minister of Education (ME) to:
1. Organize - determine the best framework or structure for the Student ministry to carry out its work and achieve its purpose. 'Organizing' considers its purpose and resources, and ensures that all work toward common goals or objectives. Organization must change as resources become available. Age graded vs. gender, etc...
2. Plan - considering resources, he is to plan the best course of action as well as the best use of resources to achieve the overall objectives. These objectives should always be evaluated within the framework of the Process of Cave Spring Baptist Church. This will involve setting short and long term goals.
3. Staff - Continually assess staffing needs & spiritual gifts needed to accomplish the mission. He should identify needs and provide training to staff necessary to accomplish the goals and objectives. He is to continually identify and recruit quality and qualified leaders from within the church family. He must work with the nominating committee in order to properly staff the needs of the Student Ministry. He is to develop job descriptions needed to accomplish the goals and objectives of the
Student Ministry. Train staff to be able to teach and work harmoniously toward the common objectives in line with the Purpose and Process of the Church.
4. Coordinate - Bring together all parts and workers to achieve the dept. goals and objectives. Develop unity amongst all youth workers. Continually communicate vision and ensure the direction and purposes prescribed for Youth ministry are being
5. Budget - develop a financial budget to ensure objectives are met. He is to make sure the budget is managed properly and that excellent financial records are maintained. He is to evaluate the budget as ministry needs change. He is to dispense
budget in conjunction with biblical frugality.
6. Evaluate - He is to continually evaluate the student ministry to ensure it is meeting its goals, objectives and achieving its purpose. He should analyze space, atmosphere, morale, effectiveness of teachers, training needs, organizational structure, awareness of vision and purpose, etc. He is to make appropriate changes based on regular and continuous evaluation of the ministry.
• Attend Staff meetings. Work in harmony with Pastor, Purpose and Process of Cave Spring Baptist Church.
• Be available to provide biblical direction for both church and non-church members as needs arise.
• Supply articles for use of Cave Spring Baptist Church's publications (i.e. Enlightener, website] relating to the Student Ministry.
• Adhere and follow church approved guidelines as set forth by Cave Spring Baptist Church's Bylaws and Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Serve as an effective staff liaison to assigned Ministry Teams/Committees and provide assistance where/when available.
• Be available to help the Senior Pastor and the Minister of Education with any extraneous needs they may deem necessary.
• Participate in visitation as needed and as assigned. Be a role model in witnessing and lifestyle.
• Live a lifestyle of financial lordship in giving and spending.
• Carry out any further assignments deemed necessary by the Pastor.