The Executive Director reports to the Senior Pastor, serves as the church’s primary business manager, and leads the church’s day-to-day support operations in support of the church’s ministries. The Executive Director is a mission-driven, process-minded,
leader who can help others deliver results that reflect the church’s mission.
Partner with Church Ministries
The Executive Director will partner the Elders and Trustees so that all of the ministries can thrive and be aligned with our vision, values, and strategies.
Oversee/Lead the Office Staff
The Executive Director will lead, coach, and equip the office staff to carry out the vision, values, and strategies of TBC.
Oversee/Lead Church Operations and Church Administration
The Executive Director will lead and oversee the operational side of TBC (e.g. facilities, finances, budgets, administration, IT, HR, Legal, etc.). He will oversee all internal processes and infrastructures to insure they are effective, efficient; and are aligned
with the vision, values, and strategies of TBC.
Establish and monitor systems and processes that assist support staff in the execution of their day-to-day responsibilities.
Ensure a culture of focus and accountability where each direct report understands his/her role, responsibilities, outcomes, and achieves them with excellence.
Provide financial oversight and ensure financial and other appropriate information is reported to the Senior Pastor, Elders and Trustees.
Oversee an annual budgeting process that reflects strategic priorities and makes sure we stay aligned and on track throughout the year.
Provide authentic and effective pastoral leadership in such a way that people are built up, encouraged, and loved.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and gifts; a strong track record of executing organizational strategies and building systems to support mission.
- Results-focused leadership with persuasive interpersonal skills adaptable to a variety of personalities and situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- Desire to continually improve and passion to build the church and its ministry operations.
- Commitment to serving TBC in this role for at least three years to ensure a solid foundation and consistency.
- Discretion, perseverance, patience, sense of humor, team spirit, and genuinely caring.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- 5+ years’ professional-level skills and experience with people, business, and financial management.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Entrepreneurial abilities, from big picture strategy to operational details.
- Able to lead volunteer teams, recruit, develop and inspire people, set clear expectations and accountability.