Part-Time Director of High School Student Ministries
At Bethany Church on the Hill
General Description: The High School Director will plan, lead, coordinate, and oversee all ministry to Senior High School Students at Bethany Church on the Hill.
Qualifications: The Director of Student Ministries must:
1) Have received Christ as Savior and Lord and live an exemplary
2) Be called to High School ministry in the local church.
3) Be in agreement with Bethany Church on the Hill’s statement of
faith, constitution and covenant.
4) Meet the scriptural qualifications of a spiritual leader.
(1 Timothy 3:8-12)
5) Become a faithful participant in the life of the church.
6) Have the gift of teaching, experience and relational
skills to effectively direct the High School student ministries of the
7) If married, have a supportive spouse to ministry.
Supervision/Accountability: The Director of High School Student Ministries shall be accountable to the Elder Council. The Associate Pastor shall provide day-to-day supervision.
Relationships: The High School Director shall work cooperatively with the Middle School Director, Student Ministry Assistants, volunteer staff, parents, and others at the church. He shall conduct himself above reproach in all relationships.
Tasks/Responsibilities: The High School Director shall plan, lead and coordinate all ministry to Senior High students.
- Facilitate and oversee the weekly high school meeting.
- Teach the Sunday morning Senior High class.
- Plan, lead and coordinate youth service projects, retreats, outreach and social events.
- Meet regularly with the Student Ministry Leadership Team.
- Regularly attend Bethany Church on the Hill Sunday Services.
- Serve as a resource to High School small group leaders.
- Serve as a positive example, mentor, and friend to students and leaders.
- Coordinate High School ministry plans with other ministries of the church.
- Oversee the High School ministry budget (under the supervision of the Associate Pastor).
- Oversee the communication of High School ministry events and concerns (church program, newsletter, bulletin board, e-mail, phone, letters, cards, facebook, etc.).
Terms of Employment:
- Hours: This is a part-time position, approximately 20
hours per week.