Job Title: Executive Secretary
To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by providing secretarial services for the pastoral staff and the office staff as directed by the management team. Directly responsible to the management team. Accountable to other staff for assigned tasks. Will work under the general supervision Senior Associate Pastor and perform as an integral member of the office staff.
• Provide secretarial services for pastoral staff as needed, such as:
- Word processing
- Composing and typing routine correspondence;
- Flyer, poster, newsletter, graphics design;
- Bulk mailings
• Maintain attendance records and track enrollment for all departments.
• Receive all incoming calls, answer questions, and provide specified information on behalf of pastoral staff. Take messages and
route calls to appropriate staff members.
• Assist with intra-departmental communications (phone, fax, e-mail, memo, etc.)
• Track annual departmental goals and objectives.
• Assist office staff with assigned duties.
• Assist with various aspects of departmental special events (Vallejo Outreach, Retreats, Conference, Children’s Evangelism,
Youth Outreach, etc.)
• Manage the Shelby” software, distributing information to appropriate person.
• Handle courtesies for pastoral staff such as flowers, cards, gifts, etc.
• Track monthly departmental budgets and report status to ministry leaders.
• Receive and process all calendar and facility requests.
• Assist with oversight of child safety application program.
• Maintain current file of job descriptions for all ministry opportunities.
• Oversee registration for classes, seminars, conventions, etc.
• Office hours shall be 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. M-F
• Sunday available during church services.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintain spiritual life through regular church participation and personal devotion.
• Demonstrate loyalty and commitment to Church on the Hill and to its staff.
• 2 Years experience in an executive secretarial role. Preferably in a church or ministry setting.
• Excellent computer skills, comfort working on a MAC platform, word processing, social networking, and graphics design skills.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Ministry CoordinatorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- October 13
Office AdministratorPark Church
- Tinton Falls, New Jersey
- September 30
Media Director/ Graphic DesignFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Student Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Reformed Church
- Ripon, California
- September 27
- San Diego, California
- September 26
The Hill is a cross cultural, multi-generational group that reflects the wonderful diversity of our city, and reflects the description of God’s Kingdom when it says, “you have purchased people from every tribe and tongue and nation.”
The Hill is a diverse, dynamic place we invite you visit firsthand. Together we can live our mission, “Everyone. Everywhere. Following Jesus.”