Title: Pastor of Student Ministries
Responsible to: Associate Pastor
General Description: Oversee all aspects of Student ministries (6th-12th) of Calvary church.
Spiritual formation of Students
- Serve as the Lead-Teacher for all aspects of the student ministries. This includes teaching, discipleship (spiritual formation), training and placement of teachers, group leaders and assistants.
- Provide visionary leadership and oversight for all aspects of student ministries including program structure and development, strategic planning for effective ministry and new ministry initiatives.
- Lead and continue to develop a leadership team and serve as the team leader. This should include regular gatherings for prayer, planning, and cultivation community among team leaders.
- Create time for building relationships with students for the purpose of discipleship (spiritual formation) and evangelism as well as the development of relationship with parents for the purpose of partnering with them in the spiritual formation of their
- Effectively communicate vision, events and ministry opportunities to students, parents and staff.
- Make sure that competent leaders and if necessary staff pastors are ministering to the students and parents who are encountering personal/spiritual struggles in their lives.
- Prayer for students, parents, leaders and the entire ministry should be an important part of the life of the Student Ministries Pastor.
- Work as a member of the staff contributing to the over-all mission of Calvary Church—“To spread the Word throughout Northwest Indiana and the world as we grow a community of Christ-followers who are enjoying God together.”
- Develop and give oversight to a strategy for continuing to identify the specific needs of both middle school and high school students and how Student Ministries can best meet these needs.
- Develop and implement a strategy to ensure that Student Ministries is effectively reaching out and impact in their community and schools.
- Work closely with Children’s Ministries to ensure smooth transition of students entering middle school.
- Work closely with the College Age Ministries to ensure high school students transition to college or careers with spiritual health.
- Work with other ministry departments to integrate ministry opportunities for students and families.
- Continually create an irresistible atmosphere in every aspect of student ministries.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of full-time, vocational youth ministry experienced in a large church.
- Must have a least an undergraduate degree in biblical studies with a desire to continue graduate studies.
- Must have a mindset of excellence in everything He does.
- Must have a strong passion for reaching the lost as well as equipping Christ followers with the Word.
- Must be an engaging speaker who motivates others to follow Christ.
- Must be a visionary leader who leads staff and volunteers together around overall mission.
General Guidelines and Expectations for all Pastoral Staff
- Problem Solving: All staff members are expected to follow the principles of Matthew 18:15-20 and solve problems biblically first with regard to other staff (including the senior pastor), second with regard
to the persons they are ministering to and then with regard to the church family at large.
- Confidentiality: Every staff member is required to use discernment with regard to privileged information (information obtained during the regular performance of duties including but not limited to information
from or about the staff, deacons meetings, counseling cases or any other matters). Love for God and others should be the goal in all of our communication.