This position is responsible for the leadership and growth of Next Generation Ministries focusing on family ministry for infant through high school as they move on their
- Responsible for casting a vision and leading initiatives for an all encompassing Next Generation ministry appropriate to child development complementing the overall mission of the church.
- Provide leadership and oversight for all staff in Next Generation Ministry, including employment process, productivity and coaching.
- Establish Youth Ministry as a key strategy to reach our community.
- Champion the family ministry efforts of partnering with parents to encourage the spiritual upbringing of their child.
- Oversee curriculum development process to ensure proper scope and sequence from Children’s Ministry (nursery) through Youth Ministry (high school).
- Ensure the proper systems, strategies, and volunteers required to achieve a safe environment are in place for children on the campus.
- Serves as a key spokesperson for the Next Generation ministry in worship formats and community venues.
- Work collaboratively with other ministry teams to draw families into meaningful experiences and intergenerational events to learn, serve, and worship together.
- Invest in the success of the worship venues by providing encouragement, resources and mentoring for the appropriate children/youth component.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Five or more years experience leadership experience with previous successful youth ministry experience preferred.
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced ministry environment with outcome based metrics.
- Ability to mentor and empower others to lead and serve within the ministry.
- A strong understanding of the developmental and spiritual needs from birth to 18 years old.
- Strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ with a willingness to join St. John Church and subscribe to our doctrinal standards.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and answer the following questions in a cover letter:
- What in your previous experience makes you qualified for position?
- What is your approach to family ministry?
- How do you engage families from the outside community into ministry?
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail St. John Church, Attention: Tracy Dunn, 15800 Manchester Road, Ellisville, MO 63011. To learn more about our organization visit our website at www.stjstl.net.