Cypress Church is searching for an Assistant Worship Arts Leader
to be a part of an exciting ministry in which God has truly shown His favor. Currently, Cypress has two campuses with total weekly attendance of over 3600. Both locations (Alton Darby & Dublin) are in the Central Ohio area.
The Assistant Worship Arts Leader is a spiritual and organizational leader who helps oversee the worship arts department of Cypress Church, assisting at the Alton Darby campus and responsible for the Dublin campus. Coming alongside the director, oversight
of the department includes but is not limited to: strong leadership of the weekend worship experience at the Dublin campus and ensuring that things are led in such a way that engages the church with God and one another, continually emphasizing the vision and
strategy of Cypress (reach, grow, serve) and how that influences the arts department, training of and caring for team members while working with various groups within the department, a vital and participating member of the Cypress leadership team as well as
- A relationship with Jesus that is growing and personal.
- A sense of God’s call on your life – and life of your family - to this kind of ministry role and the ability to articulate that calling to others.
- Experience in leading worship in a large group setting (500+), as well as leading vocalists and musicians.
- A track record that shows success as a team builder, experience as a leader and recruiter of volunteers in all areas of worship arts in a church with multiple worship services, and the ability to care for multi-generations.
- Experience in leading worship that has the capacity to create transcendent moments, but not necessarily labeled as modern/contemporary/traditional genres.
- Minimum of 3 years worship leadership experience (degree in church music or worship preferred).
- Heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the department.
- A teachable spirit that can learn from others as well as challenge others to grow.
- Proven relational skills and engaging platform presence.
- Ability to work with chord charts, lead sheets, sheet music.
- Ability to incorporate various art forms in weekend worship, as needed, in a cohesive manner.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Fully support the vision and strategies of Cypress Church as well as the worship arts department.
- Strong vocal skill is required.
- Build the necessary team(s) to carry out the worship responsibilities at Cypress Dublin.
- Involvement in the creative process and planning of weekend worship and events alongside the director, tech director, and senior pastor: monthly creative team meeting, weekly planning team meeting, and weekly production team meeting.
- Lead weekly rehearsals, primarily for the Cypress Dublin team, Cypress AD team when necessary.
- Provide training resources for the team - online, CD/DVD, etc – and follow up.
- Along with the director, use the Ministry Action Plan (MAP) guide to set goals for the department, as a whole as well as for each campus; evaluate and modify these goals as needed with the Executive Director.
- Provide weekly contact with the team for encouragement, information, and spiritual challenge/formation.
All applicants must submit a resume and visual expamples (DVD, YouTube, Vimeo, etc) displaying the candidate's capacity to communicate Biblical truth and/or lead worship in large settings. Please email resume and link to email@example.com. DVD’s
can be mailed to the following address:
Cypress Church (Attn: Worship Leader)
377 Alton Darby Rd.
Galloway, OH 43119
No phone calls please.