Production Director – Hill Country Bible Church Austin - Hill Country Bible Church Austin is a growing, committed, compassionate, intentional, approachable, authentic, and purpose-driven community of Christ followers. We are seeking a
technically skilled, organized and highly relational leader to join our staff team as Production Director – serving our congregation and community as a leader on the worship and technical staff teams.
Position Description and Qualifications: This person will lead a meaningful, inspiring and effective production team (creative support, stage design, IMAG, service ministry support, etc.) and
technical support team (sound, lights, sermon video distribution to campuses and web, etc.) through staff and volunteer teams for all weekend services and special events. This individual needs to have at least 3 years staff experience with
creative production as well as a variety of technical skills/applications in a large-scale, complex environment. Preferred skills in managing staff and high level lay leaders, live sound mixing, lighting, IMAG and video (capture and streaming), signal flow,
recruiting/training/empowering volunteers, servant leadership and personal evangelism.
If you believe you would be a fit for this position, please review the detailed Position Profile below before submitting your cover letter and resume.
Outcomes and Results - Success in this Position will Result in:
- A high anticipation of God’s presence at all worship services and special events because they are supported with technical excellence and meaningful, creative production and programming elements.
- There is a strong sense of transcendence, high morale and retention with well-managed staff and volunteer teams in production/tech that support all worship services and special events; HCBC Austin is a great place to work and serve.
- Production and tech support for all HCBC Austin Campuses and venues; on-campus worship venues are staffed with well-trained AVL volunteers.
- HCBC technical equipment (AVL) is administered and maintained at a high level; proactive forecasting and scheduled preemptive maintenance.
- Church-wide ministries receive timely and excellent technical support, resourcing, and training to move the vision forward.
- The production/tech ministry is driven by an annualized process and calendar (including a yearly MAP -Ministry Action Plan) that supports the direction of the church, Sunday services, special events, and the necessary recruiting, training and development
for staff and volunteers.
Major Responsibilities and Activities:
- Oversee the Production and Technical execution of the Lakeline Campus programs and ministries:
- Sunday Worship Services (IMAG, Sound, Lights, Stage sets/Design, Sermon video distribution to campuses and web); serve on creative team for series planning as requested
- Worship Special Events – Good Friday, Easter Services and Sunrise Service, Concert of Prayer, Concert of Praise, Advent and Christmas Eve Services
- Large Ministry-Wide Events – Men’s Retreat, Small Groups Retreat, Women’s Retreat, Student Ministry Winter Bash, Boot Camp, Xtreme Adventure, SummerFest, Nightmare on Little Elm, and Women’s Christmas Event
- HCCSA (Hill Country Christian School of Austin, a ministry of our church) Events
- Memorial Services and Funerals
- Regularly meet with Worship Pastor(s) and Manage Technical staff for Lakeline and Steiner Ranch Campus.
- Manage Production Coordinator and Worship Ministry Coordinator (2 full time staff members).
- Lead weekly Worship Staff meetings to ensure all teams/leaders are on the same page, prepared for weekend services and special events and that there is a spirit of unity and anticipation of God’s presence.
- Drive the implementation and integration process for all worship service elements (coordinating the worship, tech, stage design, media, communication, message and special elements) into one cohesive plan. Meet with all worship staff and other ministries
and leaders as needed; ensure announcement, message and other videos are tested and ready to go, and any other elements or details (communion, baptism, commissioning, etc.) have proper support.
- Actively encourage and invest in the lives of those who serve as volunteers (relationally strong):
- Lead recruiting, training, team building and leadership development events – Clinics, Bible Studies, Fellowships/Activities, Conferences and other events to connect with volunteers and to help them grow in their areas of service.
- Personally engage with volunteers outside of rehearsals and worship services through one on ones, personal prayer, relational opportunities, lunches, having people in your home, hospital or work visits, etc.
- Help volunteers take their next step spiritually using HCBC’s tools for discipleship (such as the Spiritual Formation Process, small groups, DWAP, GO Trips, and personal discipleship).
- Regularly coordinate and schedule volunteers for Sunday services and other events using PCO (Planning Center Online tool).
- Provide high level, proactive support for AVL (as well as troubleshoot in the moment) for all rehearsals, setup/teardown, Sunday services and special events (ministry specific/or outreach) sponsored by an HCBC Austin campus.
- Execute an ongoing plan to recruit, train, and empower volunteer teams to serve the technical, video and sound needs; build relational capital with the Lakeline and Steiner Ranch campus family/community (and any future campuses).
- Establish a leadership pipeline to further develop leaders.
- Develop and follow AVL preventative maintenance schedule on all systems and gear related to all HCBC campuses; evaluate and establish new schedules as needed.
- Meet with church-wide ministry leads to evaluate how they are using AVL in their ministry, evaluate best practices, and recommend any necessary updates or changes.
- Continuously evaluate and recommend updates/replacements/installs needed for all HCBC campuses; proactive forecasting.
- Develop and execute a clear yearly calendar for all training/equipping of tech volunteers for all HCBC campuses (include in MAP).
- Schedule and oversee technical staff during installs and the preventative maintenance of equipment and materials campus-wide.
- Schedule, coordinate, and interface with outside AVL vendors on large install/upgrade projects. Coordinate with HCCSA and church calendar to minimize interruption of daily activities on campus.
- Coordinate tech staff and volunteers to operate tech equipment for various events/ministries throughout the week (including but not limited to Bible Studies, Celebrate Recovery, HCCSA events, Weddings/Funerals, GroupLink, Staff Meetings, etc.)
- Cross train yourself and all tech staff on all IMAG equipment for programming/production needs outside of Sunday mornings.
- Quickly identify problems and make “on the spot” appropriate fixes (short term solutions); evaluate, diagnose and make proper repairs/replacement for equipment on an ongoing basis (long term solutions).
- Engage in weekly Worship team meetings, tech team meetings, church staff meetings, and one-on-ones with direct supervisor and those you manage.
- Create and follow a yearly Ministry Action Plan (MAP).
- Commit to personal evangelism and servant/incarnational leadership; participate in church-wide initiatives; adopt church staff core values of passion, integrity, teamwork, excellence and innovation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Administrative and organizational skill working with and leading paid staff and volunteers.
- Creativity and production experience in large-scale, complex environment.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a collaborative, team environment related to tech/AVL/production.
- Live sound mixing, lighting, video (capture and streaming) and staging experience.
- Knowledge of digital and analog sound consoles.
- Knowledge of signal flow.
- Ability to lead and train volunteers from a position of “servant leadership.”
- Strong work ethic – ability to complete weekly tasks in timely manner with a servant heart.
- Flexible – must be able to do what it takes to make things happen; integrity – the courage to meet the demands of reality.
- Multitasking with prioritization – must be able and thrive moving from one task to another in an efficient manner, while prioritizing and ensuring that the most important things are not replaced with the tyranny of the urgent.
- Teachable; learner; personal commitment to evangelism.
- Must be able to lift various type of A/V equipment weighing 50lbs or more
- Must be able to work extended and random (early/late) hours when needed
Well qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org