The Retail Sales Associate will be responsible for the daily operations of Rock Church retail operations in either, the Rock Pile Book Store or the Rock Thrift Store, including cash register processing, customer assistance, stocking, serving or leading
volunteer staff, and overall organization. Incumbent will report directly to the Retail Store Manager. Please visit our website at www.sdrock.com/jobs to complete an application.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists store operations during business hours by attending to the cash register and answering customer inquiries.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate cash drawer.
- Ensures exceptional in-store experiences for customers by building and maintaining excellent client relationships.
- Ensures that the store is clean and organized and that merchandise is priced correctly.
- Responsible for understanding the layout of the retail store in order to assist customers.
- Learn and instill the culture, organization, operations processes and policies at store level.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Retail Store Manager.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Previous retail experience and cash register experience desired.
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Avid reader, well-versed in Christian product knowledge.
- Ability to think promptly and professionally.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Hands-on PC compatible computer knowledge, understanding and skill.
- Proficient in MS Window operating system, MS Word, MS Excel, Internet E-mail and Internet usage.
- Proficient in Quickbooks POS.
- Basic typing (30 wpm).
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Legible writing skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Christ-centered behavior at all times. i.e. treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- For all grievances, follow Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15.
- Proactive participation in the Strategic Ministry Model.
- Successful completion of a background, credit check and references.
- Pleasant and professional personality and appearance.
- Regular attendee of a Rock Weekend service.
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings (and events, as needed).
- A tithe of 10% to the Rock.
- Signed acknowledgement of the Rock Church Statement of Faith.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as stated in the Rock Church employee handbook.
Ability to function independently and ability to speak. Physically able to lift up to 25 lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of standing up and walking.
All employees of The Rock Church are at-will, and as such, are free to resign any time without reason. The Rock Church likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an
employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons that are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.