Traders Point Christian Church, a growing, dynamic congregation of 5,000 plus worship attendance located on the northwest side of Indianapolis, Indiana, is looking for an experienced, high capacity leader who's passionate about expressing their inventive, creative, and leadership nature via the technical arts. This role has a primary responsibility of overseeing all areas of production during weekend (Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday morning) services and leadership of the production staff.
The successful candidate will be a mature Christ follower possessing proven competencies in all areas of technical arts including audio, lighting, video, and stage design, but whose primary role and giftedness will be that of technical arts leadership. This role will have a primary focus of directing weekend services and leadership of people and will not focus on the operation of technical equipment. Our Production Ministry has a focus of volunteers, vs staff, running all technical equipment and as such, significant training is given to volunteers via the Production staff. Previous experience leading staff and volunteer teams within a large production environment is required. Due to work load distribution, this individual may be needed to serve as an extra set of hands on audio, lighting, video and staging projects. This person must be able to lift heavy objects and work on heights exceeding 25'.
Strong relational skills with a record of team leadership, training, volunteer development and budget management is essential.
Must have an eye for artistic expression while also possessing strengths in strategic, detailed execution.
As a member of our larger Worship Arts team, this individual will report to the Worship Arts Director and oversee four production staff and a team of 100 plus volunteers across 6 auditorium spaces.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and links to samples of work demonstrating competencies in above stated disciplines directly to Kathleen Poland at email@example.com.
TRADERS POINT CHRISTIAN CHURCH
- A vibrant leader among the church body and staff
- A model of spiritually maturing discipleship as a member of TPCC’s directorial staff
- The Worship Service Producer for weekend and seasonal services
- Direct overseer for ensuring creative and inspiring worship services in support of the vision of the church to be “A community of Jesus followers with a redeeming influence on culture.”
- Supervisor of Worship Arts Ministry production staff and production volunteers who will occasionally “serve” their own staff by providing an extra set of hands on projects due to workload distribution thus this role will require the ability to lift heavy objects and work on heights exceeding 25'
2. Job Products (personally executed or delegated)
- Creative and inspiring worship services via the use of the technical arts
- Development of Production Worship Order Cue Sheet with detailed notes for all technical disciplines
- Expert-level knowledge of audio, lighting, video staging concepts, equipment, usage and theories
- Skilled, equipped, valued, professionally and spiritually growing production staff and volunteers across 6 auditorium spaces.
- Active, weekly schedule of 100 plus volunteers
- Development and oversight of production expense and capital budgets
- Properly maintained and efficiently organized production areas such as the tech booth, backstage area, green room, etc.
- Accurate Inventory and Maintenance records for all production equipment
- Participate as full member of directorial support staff and attend their meetings and required special events
- Provide oversight to the Worship Arts Ministry production staff, including all associated hiring, training, scheduling, performance assessment, coaching and remediation, subject to the affirmation of the Worship Arts Director
- Serve as a member of the Building Utilization Resource Team (BURT) with other appropriate support staff personnel, to help plan, execute, and facilitate special events and meetings.
- Serve as a member of the Creative Arts Design Team
- Provide leadership and oversight to all production volunteers serving in weekend and seasonal services
- Provide and/or delegate training to all production volunteers of all knowledge levels on an ongoing basis
- The Production Director will serve as a member of the Worship Arts Ministry team under the oversight of the Worship Arts Director
- 4. Performance Measurement – Specific measures of satisfactory performance, as outlined in numbers 2 and 3 above, will be assessed informally on a periodic basis and formally on at least an annual basis by and in advance consultation with the of Worship Arts Director based upon the above job products and metric components of the strategic plan relevant to this position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Tech DirectorCalvary Chapel Oceanside
- Oceanside, California
- December 1
Video Producer / CoordinatorCenterPoint Church
- Massapequa, New York
- November 30
Traders Point Christian Church
At Traders Point, our mission is to engage people with the love of God, inspire them to follow Jesus, and equip them to serve our world. Traders Point's mission is simply a restating of Jesus' Great Commission in Matthew 28. As a church and staff, we are Humble & Hungry to chase after God's heart and follow His leading wherever that takes us.More...