CROSSINGS COMMUNITY CHURCH
Pastor of Children’s Ministries
(An at-will employment position)
Scope of Position:
The Pastor of Children’s Ministries shall provide pastoral leadership and general oversight of all aspects of the church’s ministry to children.
The Pastor of Children’s Ministries shall be report to the Pastor of Education Ministries and work cooperatively with the Educational Ministry Team. (S)He shall oversee the directors, associate pastors and administrative assistants in the Children’s Ministries
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, Purpose Statement, and Core Values of Crossings Community Church.
- Support the leadership of CCC, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation.
- Give guidance to departmental leaders in the selection of curricula and curricular goals.
- Provide oversight and encouragement to the staff (paid and volunteers).
- Make careful preparations with departmental leaders to insure successful, efficient planning meetings to keep ministry current and effective.
- Work closely with Facilities Manager to insure that classrooms are ready for effectively carrying out the Children’s Ministries programs and activities.
- Provide on-going evaluation of the growth and quality of the Children’s Ministries. Develop plans and establish goals for improvement on an annual basis at a minimum.
- Work closely with the Director of Security and volunteers to provide security measures for all Children’s Ministries activities. Also, insure background checks are accomplished for all volunteers in the Children’s Ministries program.
- Develop methods for connecting children and families to the church body.
- Share general pastoral duties and complete any other tasks related to Children’s Ministries as requested or assigned.
- In consultation with appropriate advisory councils and staff members, formulate an annual Children’s Ministries budget for recommendation to the Finance & Facilities Committee through the Director of Administrative Services.
- Share general pastoral duties of the church and complete any other tasks as assigned.
- Represent CCC in civic and ministry-related efforts as approved.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned to fulfill the position.
Skills Required for Position:
The Pastor of Children’s Ministries shall exhibit the spiritual gifts of teaching, administration, faith, helps, and encouragement. He/she shall be a proven, effective leader, teacher, and administrator, capable of challenging others in their responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
The Pastor of Children’s Ministries shall be a credentialed minister and shall possess an undergraduate degree, at a minimum, with experience in education and ministry, administration and management of personnel.