First United Methodist Church of Kearney, Missouri is seeking a music and worship leader for our contemporary service. First United Methodist Church is a growing church in the Northland suburbs of Kansas City, Missouri. We are a 150 year old church with
a regular attendence of 500 people. We have a wide range of ages present within our church.
We are prayerfully seeking a person who loves Jesus and is passionate about connecting people to God through worship. Applicants should be strong in vocal and instrumental performance and in music knowledge.
Specifically, the contemporary worship director will:
1. Work closely with the pastor to use contemporary worship ministries to support weekly teaching themes.
2. Plan and lead weekly Sunday morning worship services with volunteer worship team.
3. Build, teach, and train others in the contemporary worship ministry with excellence.
4. Function as a team player with other church staff members and commit to fulfilling the vision and mission of the church.
1. Articulate a clear testimony of saving faith in Jesus Christ and live a Christian life that has a vital, growing, personal relationship with Him.
2. Display leadership abilities in church music ministries.
3. Ability to build relationships with church members.
4. Display strong vocal skills
5. Ability to manage a volunteer worship team.
Qualified individuals should send the following information to Spencer Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Three references
3. A link to online media that shows your music skills and abilities.