Student Ministry is a critical ministry in the life of the church. It must address a difficult intersection of concepts and concerns, including the difficult transition of adolescence, the concerns of parents and adequate preparation for post-high school
life and discipleship. In turn, each of these concerns has multiple layers of complexity. It is in this difficult intersection that a vibrant, realistic and progressive philosophy of ministry must arise, and by which we will measure growth, maturity and success.
In our culture, a great student ministry is one that chases students down, meets them where they are, speaks their language and challenges them with truth, holiness and discipleship. A student pastor is one who will lead in this charge, champion this vision
and shepherd a team of staff and volunteers to this end.
- Function under supervision of Executive Pastor and direct leadership of Lead Pastor of Faith Bible Church.
- Champion and shepherd the student ministry of Faith Bible Church by
- Collaborating on the larger Pastoral Team and serving the overall vision and strategy of the church in the area of student ministry
- Constantly pursuing individual students and parents in relational ministry
- Constantly challenging students and parents in Jesus-centered, Biblical, grace-based, relational ministry truths and application
- Creating, maintaining and adapting a diverse array of events and opportunities for students and parents, including:
• Sunday morning worship/study/community as a primary objective
• Small group Bible Studies and life-groups
• Camps, retreats, training opportunities, etc.
• Mission trips and service opportunities
• Simple fun events, attractions, concerts, etc.
- Effectively training and shepherding paid student ministry staff, interns and a large team of lay volunteers
- Maintaining a gracious and active relational presence among the parents of students; listening, shepherding and being available
- Work as an engaged and active member of the Pastoral and Leadership Teams (pastors + elders)
- Serve in any other capacity as directed by Executive Pastor or Lead Pastor
Defining a Win in Student Ministry
If it is true that we cannot ever accomplish something that we cannot measure, we want to make sure that we clearly define a win for the leadership of our Student Pastor.
In an ever-changing ministry landscape, student ministry must not be entirely sidetracked with trends, culture or media. Nor will an effective student ministry disregard these elements. Therefore, student ministry at Faith Bible Church purposes to remain
and/or become these things:
- Healthy (Good relationships between staff, staff-leadership, staff-students, staff-parents)
- Deep (Focused on Biblical truth learned and lived out in life and community)
- Wide (Significant impact in community, in school districts, in wider church and in families)
- Intentional (Goal-oriented, vision focused, philosophical, innovative and risk-taking)
- Maturing (This includes relational and service maturity as well a numbers growth)
Annual evaluations of the student pastor will be based on the personnel manual, the above job description, the above defined win, supervisor evaluations by other student ministry staff and monthly work product/direction/conversations
with Executive and Lead Pastors.
• Passionate believer and follower of Jesus with an active worship/devotional life
• More than five years experience in full-time student ministry
• Bachelor’s degree required; additional education a plus
• High degree of energy and passion for relational ministry to students
• Highly teachable and able to work with/lead a team
• Significant ability to communicate/teach the Bible effectively and facilitate group discussion
• Ability to relationally interact and create a partnership with parents
• Creative problem solver and able to adapt
• Sincere passion for student culture and the diverse methods/means of student ministry culture
• Full agreement with leadership, structure, doctrine (with specific attention to Free Grace) and vision of Faith Bible Church
Please visit our website: www.faithbibleonline.org for more information about us and to read our doctrinal statement, core values and beliefs.
If you meet the required qualifications and are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to: