Faith Community Church
Lead Teaching Pastor Position Overview
Purpose: The purpose of Faith Community Church is to introduce people to Jesus Christ and equip them to become His devoted followers.
Focus: God expects our church to be based on the sufficiency of scripture. We believe that in the Bible, God has given to all individuals all they need to handle life in a manner that pleases Him. (See Psalm 19:7-11; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:3-9)
Using the Bible we seek to be:
COMMITED TO DISCIPLESHIP
LIFESTYLE OF WORSHIP
COMMITMENT TO FELLOWSHIP
DEDICATION TO SERVICE
PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF THE BIBLE
Church Profile: Faith Community Church is a non-denominational evangelical church founded in 1979 in Gambrills, Maryland. The church maintains an unwavering commitment to the teaching of the inerrant Word of God as the sole source of God’s written revelation to man. The church is in a suburban setting, drawing upon a diverse social, ethnic and economic environment maintaining a weekly service attendance between 400 and 500 people.
Job Description: The Lead Teaching Pastor is called to minister to the family of Faith Community Church through the implementation of the vision of the Elders. The Lead Teaching Pastor works with the Elders and Staff to equip the body through the sound teaching of the Word of God. The Lead Teaching Pastor is responsible for assisting the elders and staff in the support and growth of all Faith Community Church ministries.
- In partnership with the elders and staff, communicate a strategic vision for ministry that is consistent with the Purpose and Focus statements of Faith Community Church and the Word of God.
- Implement a philosophy of ministry that is consistent with the Focus and Core Values of Faith Community Church and the Word of God such that it effectively reaches the unchurched and churched alike.
- Responsible for primary pulpit ministry
- Primary focus on preaching, teaching, and prayer
- Responsible for oversight, discipleship, management and mentoring of church staff
- Responsible for day to day function of church organization
- Assist the staff/elders in the development of an annual ministry and budget plans
Reporting Relationship: The Lead Teaching Pastor reports to the Elder Board
- Clear Testimony and Profession of Faith in Jesus Christ
- Biblical Student and Communicator
- Consistent Record of Ministry and Service
- Actively Pursuing Spiritual Growth and Discipleship
- Demonstrates Discernment and Godly Wisdom
- Agrees with Faith Community Doctrinal Statement and Position Papers
Ministry Experience and Qualifications
- At least ten years pastoral experience preferably in multi staff church
- Experience in vision development and implementation
- Starter and developer of teams and developer of leaders
- Track record of building and organizing ministry in the church context
- Extensive teaching, preaching and training experience
- A passion for ministry of the Gospel
- Vision for equipping the Church to be true disciples of Christ
- Spiritual gifts of a Pastor/Teacher
- Desire, aptitude and giftedness for regular pulpit ministry
- Completed advanced degree in Bible/Theology
- Verbal and written communication skills to help facilitate and promote ministry
- Maintains a healthy biblical relationship with family
- Represents a Christ-like role model and is above reproach
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- January 3
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- December 30
Middle School Ministries DirectorCornerstone Ministries
- Murrysville, Pennsylvania
- December 20
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Pastor of Outreach and AssimilationHobart Assembly of God
- Hobart, Indiana
- November 29
Faith Community Church
Faith Community Church is a non-denominational evangelical church founded in 1979 in Gambrills, Maryland. The church maintains an unwavering commitment to the teaching of the inerrant Word of God as the sole source of God’s written revelation to man. The church is in a suburban setting, drawing upon a diverse social, ethnic and economic environment maintaining a weekly service attendance between 400 and 500 people.More...