Partnering with parents to guide, educate, and mentor children to be life-long followers of Christ.
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for shepherding and leading the birth through fourth grade staff and to be a resource for parents.
The pro?le of a Children’s Ministry Director should be a blend between people and task personality traits. He/She should also have one or more of the following spiritual gifts: leadership, administration, exhortation, encouragement, teaching, and pastor/shepherd.
Priorities/Responsibilities Shepherd Leaders (30%)
• Meet one-on-one with Teachers 2-3 times a year.
• Equip, develop, and resource each teacher, ensuring teacher class ownership.
• Monitor the health, e?ectiveness and duration of classes.
• Be available to minister and serve each leader.
Enlist Leaders (20%)
• Interview all new leaders in preparation for each placement.
• Clarify expectations and cast vision for partnering with parents
• Continually recruit and apprentice new staff, ensuring background checks are completed.
Resource the Parents (25%)
• Coach individual families in crisis.
• Sponsor 2-3 events annually that equip parents to parent more effectively.
• Resource parents for interaction with the children’s material.
• Oversee the updating of children’s data and facilitate “soft handoff” in graduation.
• Order and review materials for VBS, Class, and activities.
• Verify that all group information is current and accurate.
Training Events (5%)
• Facilitate their own training annually as well training of staff.
Senior Pastor and Elder of Groups