Associate Pastor of Teaching & Assimilation
Overview of the Position:
- The Associate Pastor is to be “grace in action” through teaching, caring and leading God’s people at New Hope Church.
- He will be expected to faithfully and joyfully minister in accordance to New Hope’s policies, vision and doctrine as well as the Denomination of the Evangelical Church of North America.
- His primary responsibilities will be preaching / teaching and connecting people in the New Hope Family, specifically in the First Impressions Ministry and Life Groups.
- The Associate Pastor shall have at least 5 years of full time ministry experience and a Masters’ level training or its equivalent, and meet the biblical definition of a pastor/elder . (1 Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:7-9)
- Teacher/Preacher—the Pastor will be an effective teacher who communicates the grace and truth of God’s word, both topically and expositorily.
- Leadership—the Pastor will be able to lead in a variety of contexts (individual, small groups, large groups) in such a way that Jesus Christ and his gospel are central. He should be a self-starter and an initiative-taker.
- Relational—the Pastor will have a heart to care for people, not just manage systems; that drive should manifest itself in the appropriation of time.
- Team Player—the Pastor will work together with staff, both paid and volunteer. The Pastor will communicate openly and effectively with those he works with.
- Vision Caster- Able to contribute to, articulate, support and implement New Hope’s vision.
Essential Ministry Responsibilities:
- He will be part of a teaching team with the Senior Pastor, partnering with him, to instruct and build up the body of Christ, equipping them to be fully devoted followers of Christ.
- The amount of teaching will vary, but will initially be between 30-40% of the weekend teaching time.
- He will help with long term sermon planning and Weekend service design.
- He will oversee the entire process of First Impressions for the Weekend Services. This includes greeters, ushers and follow up on new comers and new believers. This will include helping them to take the “next step” such as small group, ministry, coaching,
- Oversee Life Groups which is our small group ministry. Work with existing leaders to grow our groups spiritually and numerically.
3. Other Staff responsibility.
- Share in pastoral care along with the other pastors such as weddings, funerals, visitation and pastor counseling.
- Be involved in Staff Meetings including weekly prayer meeting, Journaling and stand up meetings.
- Be willing to transition some roles and responsibilities to or from other staff members as time, need and gifts allow.
The Pastor-Parish Team oversees the salaries of the New Hope Staff. It is New Hope’s desire that staff compensation will motivate our paid staff to minister to the best of their ability and be content with their pay status. (1 Corinthians 9:10-14; 1 Timothy
5:17-18; 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13
The annual salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and education. This salary can be broken up as salary and housing allowance to fit the pastor's situation and for his optimum living and tax advantage.
The church website (www.newhopbend.com) provides information about New Hope and will explain our overall purpose, programs and even a bit of the culture of our church. Of specific interest would be:
1. In “About Us” you can learn about the doctrine of the church and current staff, etc. Because of the teaching nature of this position it will be essential that there is unity with the doctrine of New Hope and the Evangelical Church
of North America.
2. In “Watch Online” you’ll find sermons given at New Hope. Because the Associate Pastor of Teaching and Assimilation will be working so closely with our senior pastor, Randy Myers, it would be beneficial to be familiar with and feel comfortable
with his teaching.
Those interested in applying for the position, should do the following:
- Review the attached job description in detail, ensuring you meet the minimum qualifications.
- Submit a COVER LETTER, RESUME, and TEACHING VIDEO to:
- Cover letter should not be more than one page.
- Please include in the cover letter your reasons for applying and how you heard about the position.
- Please only submit one video of a sermon you have delivered to a large group. As we are requesting a single sample, please choose the best representation of your teaching.
Note: the video is best submitted in a digital format (i.e. Links of videos, YouTube postings, podcasts. ) You can also mail a video DVD to New Hope.
Once your application has been received, you may be contacted for a phone or in-person interview.
Associate Pastor – Teaching and Assimilation Pastor
Denomination: Evangelical Church of North America
Church Size: 850 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time