Job Description: Worship Ministry Pastor
The position of Worship Ministry Pastor reports directly to the Lead Pastor of Good Shepherd, a church of 300 to 450 each weekend. The position is full time and salaried, responsible for all aspects of the worship ministry at Good Shepherd. This person will
lead the congregation to a heart of worship that is honoring to God and brings to life the elements of worship in its many forms. As Good Shepherd is in transition, and as our call is to reach the diverse community around us, the Worship Pastor’s role will
be largely that of equipping, educating and encouraging the creative ministry teams involved in worship. Finally, this person is a pastor to those involved with worship and the congregation at large, and is part of the team that carries out the great commission
in the way it is embodied at Good Shepherd (as pictured in our purpose statement above).
Primary Worship Ministry Responsibilities: In accountability to the Lead Pastor, the Worship Pastor will develop ministry and outreach in worship. Responsibilities include:
* Envisioning and initiating new avenues for worship that engage the unchurched and the churched alike (one service is primarily those who grew up in church, the other is an environment through which we hope the many multi-cultures of next generation families
will come to hear the Gospel message and experience the love of Christ.)
* Communicating vision and passion for the worship ministry to the staff, congregation, and worship-arts teams.
* Developing goals and “next steps” for the worship ministry in line with Good Shepherd’s strategic plan.
* Effectively leading the congregation in worship and facilitating worship experiences for varying audiences.
* Identifying and recruiting worship leaders, musicians, technicians and ministry volunteers, equipping them with resources and training.
* Provide ongoing informal performance feedback with all the worship-arts.
* Scheduling and rehearsing worship teams/bands.
* Overseeing and maintaining the worship center including the stage, tech booth, and worship-arts room.
* Developing and administering a ministry budget and reporting to the Finance Team (sometimes the Lead Pastor) on adherence to it.
* Executing the administration of the worship ministry through appropriate ministry teams, and monitoring work progress and completion.
* Mentoring and resourcing the variety of musicians in other areas of ministry, such as Teen IMPACT Band, and the Worship Prayer Service…with an objective of creating a thriving worship ministry and cultivating future talent for the worship arts.
* Participating in pastoral care activities including marriage services and funerals; assisting with the Small Group Team in helping everyone involved in the worship-arts to be a participant in a “Lighthouse Community Group.”
* Engaging and supporting the broader ministries of Good Shepherd particularly outreach opportunities/events.
* Other ministries as needed by the church and assigned by the Lead Pastor or Leadership Council.
Personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
Extensive musical ability including the ability to lead worship bands
Ability to lead worship and bring the congregation to a heart of worship
Ability to coordinate the creative process and worship in all of its forms
Ability to gain and hold respect of the people of the church
Ability to communicate, coordinate, and participate with church staff, Leadership Council, and other lay workers in a positive and productive way.
Submit your resume to email@example.com A CD, DVD or YouTube posting would be helpful if available. The “Staff Parish Team” will ultimately be the committee that reviews resumes and interview
potential candidates (in the UMC). You’re invited to call with any questions or further information,