Position Description: We are looking for a Children’s Ministry Pastor/Director, a person of godly character and gifting, who will shepherd, lead and develop our ministries for children who range from birth through twelve years of age.
Employment Type: Full time, salaried, with benefits
Reports To: Pastor of Family Ministries
About Grace Fellowship
Information about Grace Fellowship follows this Job Description.
Detailed Position Description
God is moving, and we are growing, moving with Him! We are looking for someone who will take our growing, thriving Children’s Ministries to the next level so that people come to saving faith in Jesus Christ, and grow in Him as disciples. We’re looking for a godly person who loves people and knows how to develop healthy relationships. The successful candidate will be an organized team player and leader with solid interpersonal communication skills and experience. We want someone who would be excited to live in York, Pennsylvania, and enjoy life with our incredible staff and leaders. The right person will be excited about joining our team, and being part of a true work of God that is underway here at Grace Fellowship.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Born again Christian with a mature and vibrant faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior demonstrated by a servant spirit, a positive outlook on life, and an enjoyable personality;
- A heart, passion, calling and gifting specifically for families and children;
- Genuine humility, as demonstrated by a teachable spirit and the ability to easily work with others, prevent and resolve conflict, and work with excellence under the supervision of the Pastor of Family Ministries and with ministry peers, staff, volunteers and parents. Must have proven experience and a track record of being easy to work with, a true team player;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, leadership and conflict resolution skills;
- Graduation from a reputable college, bible college or seminary, with a minimum B.A. or B.S. degree. If without a degree, we will consider commensurate experience;
- A minimum of 2 years of proven success as a servant-leader in a ministry to children (from birth – twelve years of age) in a church or similar setting;
- Solid references for both work/ministry experience and personal character/integrity;
- A biblically strong and loving relationship with spouse and children (if applicable)
- Proven ability to recruit, lead, train and motivate peers and volunteers.
- Must have the ability to cast and implement vision that supports and enhances Grace Fellowship’s Vision, Mission, Core Values, Culture, and Theology;
- Excellent ability to ignite enthusiasm among parents and guardians, staff, peers and children, and to grow a ministry in both depth and numbers.
- Highly self-motivated and organized. Ability to work with little supervision, yet able to work excellently with the Pastor of Family Ministries and other ministry peers and leaders;
- Must have a successful history of planning events, strategic planning, recruiting and mobilizing volunteers and handling logistics, with the ability to help develop and work within a budget;
Overview of Responsibilities
Under the supervision of our Pastor of Family Ministries, the Children’s Pastor/Director will oversee and lead all aspects of our Children’s Ministry at Grace Fellowship, including the following:
- Ensure that our Children’s Ministries succeed wonderfully in leading children and families to saving faith in Jesus Christ, and deep, abiding faith in Him. Evangelism and discipleship are not merely important to us – they are imperative to the success of our Children’s Ministries;
- Plan children’s events and services throughout the week, develop programs and opportunities for ministry to families, evaluate and implement curriculum programs;
- Coordinate special services and events, and train, educate and develop teachers and volunteers for our children’s ministries.
- Ensure families, children, teachers and volunteers are successfully counseled and prayed with and for as needed, to ensure the optimum spiritual health of everyone involved in the Children’s Ministry;
- Screen and recruit volunteers and staff to ensure we have the right people doing the right things in the right ways, so that our children’s ministries don’t merely continue, but flourish;
- Recruit, organize, train and encourage volunteers, staff and peers, so they successfully minister to children and families with increasing impact and excellence;
- Enthusiastically implement administrative procedures and policies. Develop, post and enforce Children’s Ministry policies and procedures;
- Develop and implement all CE Ministry programs, curriculum, to successfully advance our Vision, Mission, Values, Culture and Theology. Supervise and lead the instructional program of the Christian Education Ministry so our philosophy and curricular objectives are fulfilled;
- Ensure that attendance records and contact lists of volunteers, children, workers, and teachers are maintained, and that information is accurately and consistently transferred to our electronic tracking system (CCB). Ensure that families, children, volunteers, teachers are pursued if/when attendance begins to slip;
- Develop and improve curriculum through ongoing evaluation and enhancement to ensure our we are leading children and families to saving, growing faith in Jesus Christ within our Children’s Ministry;
- Ensure classrooms are properly equipped, sanitary and safe for children, families and teachers;
Compensation package is based upon a candidate’s education, experience and proven track record.
How to Apply for This Position
We will only consider candidates who successfully submit all of the following information:
- 3-5 work-related references that demonstrate a history of meeting the education, experience and qualifications outlined in this Job Description. (We prefer work references from people other than friends and family members, unless you worked beside them in an official work capacity);
- 3-5 character references and an explanation of your relationship to each reference;
- Brief, but detailed answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to apply for this particular position with Grace Fellowship? Why do you think we should consider you, and what is drawing you to us?
- Describe your faith in Jesus Christ, and your walk with Him;
- Describe your marriage (if applicable), and family life;
- Were you ever divorced? If yes, please describe the reason(s), in brief;
Submit the above information to:
1405 Seven Valleys Road
York, PA 17408
Email address for this job posting
For more information about Grace, please see the pages following this Job Description.
Grace Fellowship is an evangelical church located in beautiful York, Pennsylvania. We exist to develop fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ who have local, regional, and global impact, making disciples who make disciples (Acts 1:8, Matthew 28:19-20).
Grace Fellowship (www.GraceYork.com) can be characterized as a family of believers who look to God to faithfully provide every need while actively working to meet the needs of others. The church averages an attendance on Sunday mornings of between 1000-1200 adults and children. Our current pastoral and support team consists of 24 full- and part-time employees.
We are in a new season, having just brought on our new Lead Pastor, Michael Anthony, in December of 2012. Mike is an expository preacher, and a solid leader who loves people and the Word of God. He and the Grace Fellowship family are committed to evangelism and discipleship permeating the entire church. As of April 2, 2013, more than 80 people have given their lives to Christ as Savior for the first time (since December, 2012), with additional impact that is difficult to capture in writing. God is moving significantly, and we are moving with Him.
Key areas of ministry for Grace Fellowship include two Sunday Worship Celebrations (9 and 10:45 AM), AWANA, a regionally-known Biblical Counseling ministry, a vibrant Youth Ministry, Men’s and Women’s ministries, a Worship Arts ministry and a growing Missions program.
Our campus is set on 30 beautiful acres in the rolling hills of York County in South Central Pennsylvania. During the past 13 years the site has been developed to include an auditorium that potentially could seat 2200, a 1000 person gathering area in the lower level along with classrooms for adults and children. As you enter the church there is a large welcoming atrium and another large multi-purpose room, which was the original Sanctuary. In addition there is a cheery nursery, office space and a student center. There remains plenty of available land for future expansion. The property and facilities are outstanding and will allow for even greater future growth.
Grace Fellowship is governed by its Constitution and Bylaws. We are led by our Lead Pastor and a team of three pastors, and are governed by a team of twelve Elders. In addition to our Lead Pastor, we have a Worship Pastor, a Family Ministries Pastor and an Urban Pastor. Newer Elders are affirmed through a congregational vote, based on nominations of the present Elder Board. Our Lead Pastor is also an Elder and serves as the Chairman of the Elder Board. There is a Deacon Team, which is comprised of 12 men also elected by the congregation, based on nominations provided by the present Board. The deacons care for the church facilities and provide leadership for supporting the Worship Celebration and other large church functions. Elders and deacons serve 4-year terms.
The Lead Pastor largely provides the visionary and operational direction of the pastoral staff, church staff and church leaders. Vision and strategic plans are set through a collaborative effort with Lead Pastor, senior pastoral staff, and the Board of Elders. Major decisions including the hiring of pastoral staff, the initiation of any major building campaign and the approval of annual budgets require a vote of the congregation.
The Culture of Grace
- the quality in a person or society that arises from a concern for what is regarded as excellent in arts, letters, manners, scholarly pursuits, etc.
- the behaviors and beliefs characteristic of a particular social, ethnic, or age group: the youth culture . . .
The people shape the culture and the culture shapes the people! At Grace Fellowship, we are in the continual process of developing a culture that glorifies God greatly. Here are some of the key spiritual maturity traits we want to see modeled by our people:
- A humble, teachable servant-spirit
- Godly character that is above reproach
- Faithfulness, loyalty and submission – to God, to church leaders and to each other
- Sound interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills
- A positive attitude rather than a negative, critical spirit
- A “whatever it takes” approach to fulfilling our God-given Vision and Mission
- Not given to gossip, slander or undermining – either knowingly or unknowingly
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's PastorFirst Christian Church
- Lawrence, Kansas
- October 25
Children's Pastor/DirectorThe Church at Cedar Hills
- Beaverton, Oregon
- October 25
Preschool AssociateChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 25
Children's Minister/DirectorBettendorf Christian Church
- Bettendorf, Iowa
- October 25
Pastor/Director of Children's MinistryOtterbein Church Inc.
- Waynesboro , Pennsylvania
- October 25
Our Vision is simple: help people around the world love and pursue God deeply, beginning right here, in York, Pennsylvania. We envision ourselves being a group of people who have local, national and global impact for the glory of God. We simply want to love and serve Him and one another in ways that really matter in light of eternity. Part of our vision is to be the smallest large church you've ever been part of. This means that we place a high priority on the quality of relationships we have with one another. People matter to God. People matte More...