The Assistant Worship Leader is responsible for leading worship teams at various Newbreak campuses, helping develop the teams musically and spiritually, building additional teams from volunteers within the church, as well as mentoring and developing team
members individually. In addition, the Assistant Worship Leader is responsible to schedule teams for each weekend for the Newbreak campuses, help develop and maintain standards of excellence across the teams and campuses, and coordinate with technical audio,
media, and lighting staff and volunteers for a collaborative and powerful multisensory worship experience.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about leading people in to an amazing worship experience through the use of music, media, and art. You should be diverse and unique in your musical tastes and style and enjoy leading others in to new places.
Your idea of the ultimate worship moment on stage would be a little David Crowder, a little Imagine Dragons, and a little Mumford and Sons. You are progressive and want to always work to be current, understanding that the music of our worship is not just
for the saved people in the room but a bridge to the unsaved people to invite them in to Jesus moments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead various worship teams at each of our 6 campuses on Saturday evenings, Sunday mornings, and Sunday evenings at least 48 weekends out of the year.
- Lead worship practices with multiple teams each week at multiple campuses to encourage team members, develop and broaden their skills, and empower them in leading the people at each campus in to meaningful and powerful worship moments.
- Assist with developing strategic and specific worship plans for each campus to improve the overall quality of worship and the teams.
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating worship teams and team members monthly for all Newbreak campuses and all services.
- Assist in developing training and relational opportunities for worship team members to collaborate and grow together.
- Assist in training and equipping sound, lighting, and media volunteers across the campuses.
- Assist in loading and prepping media computers for weekend services.
- Coordinate with lighting staff and volunteers to plan lighting cues for weekend worship services to help create more engaging and experiential environments.
- Meet individually with worship team members to mentor them spiritually and train them musically.
- Help plan and coordinate multi sensory music and media driven special services such as Christmas Eve and Good Friday as well as others.
- Work with the sermon development team to identify potential “WOW” moments in weekend services where the use of music, both worship and culturally and topically relevant secular music, as well as art can be used to increase engagement and connection with
- Assist in planning additional arts support for services including live painters, sculptors, etc.
- Develop bands of various styles including jazz, blues, 80’s, indie, current pop, DJ’s, rock, etc. to support Newbreak outreaches and events.
- Be active in church Life Groups, outreaches, and other ministries to create relational space to network and grow the worship and technical support ministries with additional volunteers.
- Education and/or Experience (must have one or more of the following) update to reflect
- Computer Skills
- Basic computer skills a must including web apps, spreadsheets, and word processing software.
- Working knowledge of ProPresenter a plus.
- Experience with Pro Tools and/or Logic Pro a bonus.
- Experience with Presonus digital boards and software a plus.
- A confident singing voice with a certain level of proficiency on guitar or keys.
- A willingness to grow as a worship leader and musician.
- A passion to see others experience the presence of God in worship.
- A passion to reach people who do not know Jesus… yet!
- A passion for ministry and a desire to lead people.
TO APPLY: EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND A 60-90 SECOND VIDEO AUDITION TO