This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Spanish Ministry & Church Plant Pastor
Hill Country Bible Church
Pflugerville, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/11/2009
Categories: Church Planter
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
The purpose of the Spanish Ministry and Church Plant Pastor is to launch our Spanish Speaking Ministry into a spiritually vibrant “daughter church” that will eventually mature into a sister partner, sitting at the table with partners in a movement committed to reaching every man, woman and child in greater Austin.
1. Develop Spanish Speaking Ministry Plan with goal of turning Ministry into Spanish Speaking Church Plant within 1 to 2 years.
2. Enlist, envision, and engage a missional core (which you have the freedom to enlist from Hill Country Bible Church Pflugerville and the Spanish Speaking Ministry).
3. Develop a clear Launch Action Plan and a 120 day plan post launch.
4. Submit and manage the approved budget.
5. Plan, manage, and coordinate the Spanish Speaking Ministry Calendar with the Church-Wide Calendar.
6. Identify, develop and select a minimum of two elders.
I. Visionary Leadership & Ministry Direction
A. Leads and assists the Elders and Ministry leaders in developing and evaluating Spanish Speaking Ministry and Church Plant vision.
B. Develop Spanish Speaking Ministry Plan with goal of turning Ministry into Spanish Speaking Church Plant.
C. Develop a clear Launch Action Plan with a granular execution detail, to include a 120 day plan post launch.
D. Develop the key ministry systems for launch.
E. Submit and manage the approved budget for the Spanish Speaking Ministry, post launch 120 Day Budget and post launch First Year Outlook Budget.
F. Communicates and clarifies the vision, strategies, and goals of the ministry and church plant to the congregation.
G. Trains and inspires the Pastoral Staff, Elder Board, church leaders and the church body to minister effectively.
H. Maintains an accountability relationship within the Church Plant Elder Board.
II. Preaching, Teaching, Prayer & Study
A. Effectively communicates the Gospel, sound Biblical doctrine, and application of God’s Word.
B. Seeks God’s will for His church through earnest prayer.
C. Studies the Scriptures diligently and continually grows in Bible knowledge.
III. Evangelism & Outreach
A. Cultivates relationships with neighbors, the local community and its leaders as well as people in the surrounding area.
B. Creates evangelistic strategies to reach out to the local community.
C. Promotes and supports local and global missions.
IV. Discipleship and Pastoral Care
A. Disciples in one-on-one relationships.
B. Encourages, coaches and reviews activities and spiritual life of Pastoral Staff and Directors.
C. Identifies, develops and trains potential leaders.
D. Is available to the congregation for counsel, weddings, funeral services, baby dedications and baptisms as able and needed.
1. Reports to the Lead Pastor.
2. Works with elders, staff pastors, and office assistants.
1. Fulfills the qualifications in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
2. A consistent and intimate walk with God.
3. A strong family life (if married).
4. Proven ministry experience.
5. Aptitude for church planting.
6. Bilingual (Spanish/English).
7. Theological alignment with Hill Country Bible Church Pflugerville’s “This We Believe”.
8. Commitment to male, elder led church governance.
9. Leadership competence (recruiting, shepherding, leading, & administration).
10. Commitment to personal ministry (evangelis