The following position is in the process of being filled. We have invited an individual to candidate at our church on September 8.
The Minister of Music is responsible to the pastor for assisting the church in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive music ministry.
This position is salaried and full-time position.
- Salary is $35,000 to $50,000 depending on experience and assigned job duties.
- Two weeks paid vacation.
- Medical insurance for immediate family.
- Reduced tuition for children to Hope Christian Academy.
The Minister of Music coordinates with all the church staff in planning, scheduling, and directing the music program and ministries of Evangelical Bible Church.
- Direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive Music Ministry.
- Coordinate the EBC Music Ministry with the calendar and emphases of the church.
- Assist the pastor in planning worship services of the church and be responsible for the selection of the music.
- Be aware of weddings and funerals to be held in the church.
- Be available to counsel, arrange and provide music for special projects, ministries, and other church-related activities in cooperation with appropriate individuals or groups.
- Direct music groups and congregational singing.
- Be responsible for enlisting and training leaders for the EBC Music Ministry.
- Supervise the work of all music leaders in the Music Ministry.
- Coordinate the performance schedules of music groups and individuals in the functions of the church.
- Supervise maintenance of and additions to music library and equipment, including music materials, supplies, instruments and other music equipment for use in the church's program.
- Keep informed on current music methods, materials, promotion and administration, utilizing them where appropriate.
- Coordinate the training and use of instrumentalists and vocalists in groups or as individuals.
- In consultation with the pastor, prepare an annual budget to be recommended to the church board.
- Comply with all established church policies and procedures as well as all applicable federal and state laws.
- On occasion, be available nights and weekends for music ministry events as well as to work with the pastor in making emergency pastoral care visits as needed.
- Serve as staff advisor for church committees as assigned by the pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
The position of Minister of Music:
- Requires experience in a music church staff or other music-related position.
- Requires ability to play at least one musical instrument.
- Requires the ability to lead the music team during a worship service.
- Requires the ability to lead music worship as a solo musician.
- Requires the ability to listen effectively and to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form.
- Requires exceptional speaking skills and the ability to speak confidently before groups.
- Requires quality leadership skills.
- Requires exceptional administrative skills.
- Requires strong people skills and a commitment to promoting unity within the church body.
- Requires basic ability to use computer software, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Requires commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires sufficient good health to discharge duties properly.
- Requires passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks.
Special considerations will be made for those candidates who exhibit the ability and desire to serve additionally as either the children’s ministry director or the youth director. You would direct the volunteers of those respective ministries. EBC is a
growing church that would benefit from the central coordination of the children’s and youth ministries. The activities and volunteers are well-established. The church administrator and other volunteers would serve along with this person.