Faithful Central Bible Church is a Bible-based, Spirit-led extension of the body of Christ located in the heart of Inglewood, CA. Our ministry is led by integrity and compassion, as we work to impact the world for the Kingdom of God. We are seeking a full-time Pastor with a heart for children to join our pastoral team! The successful candidate will develop an effective and inclusive discipleship ministry to meet the diverse needs of children Nursery through 6th grade in worship, Word, prayer, fellowship, service and giving opportunities.
Job Title: Pastor of Children Discipleship
Reports To: Pastor, Champion Growth
FLSA Status: Full-Time Exempt
Develop, coordinate, administrate, and integrate an effective and inclusive children’s discipleship ministry to meet the diverse needs of children through worship, Word, prayer, fellowship, service, giving and technology opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Children Discipleship Department to include Nursery through 6th grade
- Provides spiritual direction in a fun, safe and secure environment for children.
- Oversees relevant, Bible-based teaching for Sunday morning , all mid-week children's ministries and children’s activities.
- Plan and implement new programs within the children's discipleship ministry consistently providing engaging activities to keep the ministry fresh and exciting for children and parents.
- Builds relationships and maintains consistent communication with parents of children and volunteer staff.
- Coordinate with Discipleship Services and Discipleship Growth to establish ongoing plans for recruitment and training of volunteers to develop teams that can meet the goals for building and maintaining healthy Christ-focused ministries
- Develop Service Leaders as well as captains to help facilitate the needs of the ministry in the following areas: Check-in, nursery, toddlers, preschool, and elementary.
- Coordinate with Volunteer Services to plan and develop community outreach programs for the children in the community.
- Provides pastoral duties and leadership within the overall organization on an as needed basis
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Leadership – Models desired behavior as defined by FCBC’s vision, mission, and core values; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Operates with integrity and adheres to high standards of ethics; Accepts responsibility for their own actions; Shares responsibility for the success of FCBC; Seeks alignment as a major priority while executing responsibilities of the discipleship process; Demonstrates professional maturity under stressful and/or difficult circumstances; Upholds the Senior Pastor’s vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; and Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision of the Table of Champions.
Technological Competency – Demonstrates day-to-day mastery of web-based communication techniques (i.e. social media), processes and services. Integrates Table of Champions resources and participant needs to enhance discipleship process and results. Coordinate communication strategies with media and technology departments.
Management Competency – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinate activities; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; and Manages direct reports in a manner that produces results and drives efficiency.
Professionalism/Work Approach – Keeps and follows through on commitments; Arrives to meetings on time; Recognizes ministry/business opportunities independently and accomplishes tasks without specific direction; Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Designs work flows and procedures for successful department execution and positive disciple outcomes.
Interpersonal Skills – Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintains them over time; Strives for “win-win” outcomes in working with others; Appropriately manages conflict; Receptivity to feedback and constructive criticism; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Teamwork – Works collaboratively with others to achieve goals and ministry results; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Can be counted on to complete assigned tasks; Ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Recognizes and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own ministry/department within the broader organization
Financial Management – Financial Management – Demonstrates fiscal accountability in preparing and managing overall Children’s budget in alignment with Department of Champion Growth; Works collaboratively with other departments under the Champion Growth umbrella to generate sustainable revenue where possible in accordance with organizational mission and strategic goals; and Leverages unpaid and paid staff to achieve higher results while minimizing expenses.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, directing work, and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; Creating revenue generating opportunities in alignment with the organizational mandates; and managing budgets and ministry outcome demands set by the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree (MA) and/or four to ten years related experience and/or training required.
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS/ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED (Ideal Candidate)
- Experience in discipleship, small group training/delivery, discipleship leadership training/delivery.
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly (both written and oral); Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Able to troubleshoot and resolve multiple problems simultaneously.
- Must have good problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to continuously improve processes and procedures.
- Must endorse the church mission/vision statement.
- Must possess credibility as a spiritual leader.
- Each Faithful Central Bible Church employee is expected to demonstrate a commitment to excellence.
- Faithful Central Bible Church’s management team will treat all employees/members/guests/vendors in a professional, dignified, and respectful manner.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Elementary Program LeaderCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- December 2
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Assiant to Children/Student PastorPeace UMC
- Pickerington, Ohio
- December 1