This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sr. High Youth Pastor
Christian Life Center
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 01/08/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Christian Life Center is seeking a full time Youth Pastor with a passion to lead our senior high students and an exceptional volunteer team. We are located in the heart of the Miami Valley, just north of Dayton, Ohio at the “Crossroads of America.”. CLC is a growing church that averages 2300 for our weekend services on Saturday and Sunday. Our senior high students (currently averaging 150) meet on Sundays and Tuesdays.
Primary responsibilities of this position are:
• Tuesday nights. This is the main youth service each week where believers and non-believers gather to experience God through worship/altar/the Word. This includes effective and relevant programming and media integration.
• New believers. Facilitating a class or curriculum for new believers to be assimilated into the knowledge of Christ, and the community life of CLC and the Sr. High youth ministry.
• Outreach/School Ministry. Conducting outreaches and being involved (as much as possible) in local schools to build relationships and increase impact/visibility of the Sr. High youth ministry and CLC within the community.
• Sunday School. In-depth teaching/discussion that would continue to mature youth in discipleship.
• Small Groups. Another important tool for community and belonging, but they also help accountability, and discipleship.
• Leadership Development. Focusing on Adult and Student leadership teams, and developing them to lead in the many areas of the Sr. High youth ministry as well as CLC.
• Worship teams. Overseeing and developing worship teams that should primarily consist of youth.
• Events. Using events, whether social (bonfires, dodgeball, etc) or ministry (mission trips, camps, conventions, and retreats) to further strengthen connections with students and God.
Job requirements include a Bachelors Degree, experience in leading teams and a passion to serve youth. This position will be accountable to our Family Life Director. Please take a look at our website at www.clcdayton.org. Resumes may be sent to Gerry Pass at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Christian Life Center
3489 Little York Road
Dayton, Ohio 45414-1764
937-898-8811 ext. 219