The Pastor of Student Ministries is responsible for the development of volunteers and the execution of the Junior and Senior High School ministry strategies at the designated campus.
Classification: Exempt Status:
Work Schedule: Monday – Thursday at Centerville office, plus evening program and weekend worship services at the campus
Reports To: Campus Ministry Director
Team: Blaine Campus Ministry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA or BS degree in student ministry or secondary education required ; seminary degree desirable
- 3-5 years of relevant youth leadership experience
- Experience in recruiting, motivating and equipping volunteer leaders
- Effective communication skills: written, verbal and interpersonal
- Experience in leading and coordinating ministry initiatives
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a strong ability to multi-task
- Skilled in problem solving and conflict resolution techniques
- Strong desire to operate in a team environment, often working cross functionally with other teams
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to students and their families
- Meets Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership
Overview of Job Duties (this is a working list and may be adjusted at any time by your manager):
- Responsible for recruiting, training and developing volunteers to serve students.
- Shepherd volunteer leaders in their individual spiritual formation and leadership so they are prepared to disciple students and to model a vibrant, authentic personal relationship with Jesus
- Serve as the pastor for students at the campus by executing the centrally-designed midweek program.
- Champion the value of community among students by leveraging volunteers to connect and build relationships with the students and families.
- Be a part of a dynamic staff team setting and contribute to its vision and ministry plans.
- Provide pastoral care and direction for students, parents, and other attendees at the campus. Also perform other care functions including weddings and funerals as necessary.
- Serve as a community connection between schools, other local ministries, and other key influencers in the community.
In order to be considered for this position please apply directly through our website at http://eaglebrookchurch.com/about-us/careers/