This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Mona Shores Baptist
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 01/07/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
The youth ministry at this church has a strong history. While currently there are 15-20 youth in the church, previous youth pastors have grown the group to 30-40 as they actively engage with students. There are also many opportunities for staff members to use their gifts and skills in other areas of ministry as well.
The Youth Pastor (with qualifications in accordance with 1 Timothy 3:1-7) is the key leader in accomplishing the church’s mission in relation to those of Junior and Senior high age. In so doing, the Youth Pastor will be the primary resource and mentor for all those engaged in the mission, the success of which will be measured as follows:
• Will understand the Gospel and its meaning in their lives
• Will experience spiritual maturity appropriate to their level of understanding
• Will be a witness to others
• Will become engaged in the ministry of the church
• Will understand the mission of the church as it applies to the youth
• Will be equipped to achieve their part of the mission in relationship to youth
• Will experience personal growth as a result of their participation
1. Organize and direct the youth ministry of the church in order to achieve the mission
2. Enlist and coach adult volunteer leaders
3. Seek to develop a personal relationship with youths in order to model for them the Christian life and disciple them
4. Communicate with parents regarding youth ministry direction and activities
5. Provide counsel for parents regarding issues with their youths
6. Work closely with Christian Education leadership in the church
Other Desirable Qualities: displays spiritual maturity, places high value on relationships, demonstrates organizational skills, handles conflict sensitively, competent communicator, team player
Mona Shores Baptist Church is located in a suburban, middle class community on the shores of Lake Michigan. Membership is 208 with average worship service attendance of approximately 190. We have multiple generations together. Current pastoral staff are Pastor Tom Siefert, senior pastor for 20 years; and Mr. John Taylor, part-time worship director for 4 years.
The worship center seats about 230 and was built in 1963 along with classroom space. In 2003 a new gymnasium, foyer, nursery, and offices were added. Plans for the next phase of construction include a new youth room and more classrooms.
The style of worship that we practice is best described as “blended”, using a worship team and a variety of musicians, singing both contemporary choruses and traditional hymns.
As a church, we see our mission as reaching people with the message of Christ and discipling those who profess faith in Christ. Our church motto is “attracting people to Jesus”, and throughout the year we specifically target opportunities for evangelism and seek to train the congregation in sharing their faith.