Perform routine work involving the repair and general maintenance of facilities, buildings, and equipment under the supervision of the Facility Maintenance Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working knowledge of equipment, tools, and machinery used for maintenance and repairs.
- Working knowledge of language and terms used in maintenance work.
- Perform basic maintenance repairs including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches, fuses, worn or damaged hoses, wiring, machine belts; repair vacuums, light fixtures, door hinges; change HVAC filters, clean key slots.
- Perform basic electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Perform interior and exterior painting.
- Have an understanding of and follow safety guidelines.
- Follow directions, be self-directed, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:High school graduate, three years of experience in maintenance work and a current California driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Read and interpret work orders; read and understand departmental policies and procedures; write notes using correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling; organize/prioritize work to meet deadlines; establish/maintain effective working relationships with staff
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time, walk throughout the facility, and use arms, hands and fingers to perform tasks. Frequent climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
and crawling are expected. Use of the senses (sight, sound, smell) is necessary. Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally 100 pounds. Vision requirement for this job include good or excellent close/distance perception, color perception,
peripheral/depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibrations. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate with occasional exposure to loud noises.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical
assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute and employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Interested applicants must submit an application, resume, and
two letters of recommendations to James Mudra in the Church Administration Office.