For us, student ministry is all about helping students make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. As a growing church of 1,200 in weekly attendance, we are looking for an experienced leader to oversee all student ministry for those
in 6th –12th grade and their families. If you like to grow as a person, want to join a great team, love to have fun, and have a passion for sharing the word of God with students, we want to hear from you.
- A tested love for God, a humble spirit, and a commitment to prayer as a deeply devoted disciple of Jesus.
- Deep affinity with the mission, vision, and core values of Springfield First United Methodist Church.
- Heart for ministry demonstrated by a proven ability to work with a wide range of people in a church ministry setting.
- Bachelor degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Adept in social media including websites, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- A minimum of 2 years serving in student ministry on a church staff.
StudentLife Leadership Team
Lead monthly meetings, engage in leadership development, and plan special events and serving opportunities for students.
Recruit and equip all Sunday class leaders for Jr. High, Sr. High, and the Parent Class, and select the curriculum.
Fusion (6 pm on Sunday evenings)
Plan and teach message series for weekly Fusion night, recruit and equip adult and student Discussion Group leaders.
Select and manage curriculum, recruit adult volunteers, and coordinate the Confirmation classes and the Confirmation Sunday.
Partner with the Student Leadership Team to plan and lead separate summer mission trips for Jr. High and Sr. High students.
Manage the StudentLife portion of the church website and other social media.
Ensure a smooth transition for students and families from KidLife to StudentLife.
If this connects with your heart and what Christ is doing in you, please send your resume to our Executive Director, Lana Salomonson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217.793.9760, ext. 230.