Director of Student and Family Ministry
Full time, with benefits, working with students in grades 6-12 and college
The right person for the position of Director of Student and Family Ministry will view this opportunity as a calling, not just a job.
The Director will be an enthusiastic follower of Jesus Christ, helping students become disciples of Christ in their daily lives.
- Develop a youth partnership with other community churches
- Support youth in their school/community settings
- Lead the confirmation class
- Oversee Sunday School program
- Work with Christian Education team
- Develop annual budget for Youth ministry and operate within the approved budget
- Develop an annual calendar of youth events and service opportunities
- Develop student leaders within the church
- Train and implement a team of adult leaders
- Lead weekly ministries for Sr. High and Jr. High students
- Develop an ongoing ministry to the families within the youth group or church
Skills and Education needed include:
- Requires ability to work any day of the week based on need and programming
- Degree or at least 2 years experience in youth ministry preferred
- Have a strong call to student ministry
- Have a good strong work ethic
- Effective teacher, communicator, and motivator
All applicants must submit a cover letter, expressing reasons for your interest in this position, and a résumé that includes:
- education / training (with dates)
- work experience (paid or volunteer) with youth
- employment record, including dates and contact persons
- three personal references
- your contact information
Applicants must also complete these Faith and Ministry questions and submit with letter and résumé.
- Tell us about your faith journey.
- Describe your call to youth ministry and how you experienced God in the process.
- How do you maintain your connection to God?
- What is your philosophy of youth ministry?
- Describe your spiritual gifts for youth ministry.
All documentation may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will remain open until the appropriate candidate is found.