This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Westwood Baptist Church
Alabaster, Alabama, United States
Date Posted: 01/07/2009
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Response has already been overwhelming to this posting. Only those candidates with a few years of experience in a lead position as a student pastor will be considered.
If the following qualifications are met, please send a resume to email@example.com.
Here are some other qualifications:
1. A primary calling to ministry with youth
2. Significant lead student pastor experience
3. Exposure to large church & large student ministry
4. Strong communication skills
5. Strong relational skills with teenagers, workers and parents
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a team
7. Preference for completed seminary
8. Commitment to family
9. Involvement with students outside the church
After January 27, please do not leave messages on churchstaffing.com, but use the email address listed above.
Westwood Baptist Church of Alabaster, Alabama is seeking a full-time staff member to lead its ministry to students in grades 6-12. Westwood is a suburban church that is located 15 miles south of Birmingham in Shelby County, which is Alabama’s fastest growing county.
Westwood currently averages around 2,000 in worship with three Sunday morning worship services. Sunday morning and Wednesday night student attendance is 200. Sunday nights are set aside for small groups and discipleship ministries.
The ministry involves separate Wednesday night events for middle and high school students, a Sunday morning on-campus small group ministry, Sunday night discipleship, camps and discipleship retreats/events and a high commitment to missions involvement.
Function and Relationship: The Student Pastor is responsible for the entire ministry of the church as it relates to students in grades 6-12. The goal of this ministry is to lay the groundwork for faith, seeking to guide students into a faith relationship with Jesus Christ, and to help students grow toward maturity in Christ. The Student Pastor is responsible to the Pastor of Small Groups.
1. Comprehensive Ministry - Student Ministry should focus on three specific groups: the student, their parents, and ministry volunteers. The ultimate goal is to engage people in the following environments: Connect with God, Grow with Believers, Serve in the Church, and Live on Mission.
2. Program Leadership - Direct the planning, organizing, coordinating, and evaluating of a comprehensive ministry to Student to include the following ministries: Life Groups (small group bible study), Student worship, camps, mission trips and service opportunities.
3. Teaching/Preaching – Lead in teaching and preaching during the mid-week worship event for students.
4. Enlistment and Training – Provide leadership in selecting, enlisting, and motivating qualified teachers and leaders.
5. Shared Leadership -Work to develop quality leaders who will share in the ministry to student. Give attention to directors with leadership skills to supervise other people to accomplish needed ministry. Encourage leaders in growth and development of their spiritual lives, relationships, and ministry proficiency in their specific roles.
6. Ministry – Minister personally and involve student small group leaders in ministry to teens in times of special need or crisis.
7. Communication/Relationships - Maintain and communicate a current calendar of activities, events, and programs; Work with the church staff in planning and budgeting; Serve as a non-voting member of the Church Council. Publicize the Student Ministry to students, parents, leaders, prospects and new members. Advise appropriate leaders and workers in the provision of equipment, supplies, and space for program needs.
8. Outreach - Support the outreach ministry of the church personally and seek to involve Student’s Ministry leaders in outreach and ministry efforts
9. Supervision – Provide leadership to the ministry assistants, interns, and other under your direction. Advise leadership on other staffing needs in the Student Ministry.
10. Personal Development - Participate in activities and conferences which will assist in personal and professional development.
11. Assigned Duties - Perform other responsibilities as assigned.