The essential role of the Pastor of Ministry Development (PMD) is “to get the church from here to there.”
The PMD works to observe, assess, develop, implement and ensure the success of effective Systems, Structures, Processes and Procedures, which support and advance the spiritual and numerical growth of New Venture Christian Fellowship.
The PMD serves as a Growth Catalyst, developing, organizing and administering a structure of systems which foster a growing number of mission-driven and outreach-focused ministries, programs, opportunities and “Connection Steps.”
Working under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor, as part of the Advisory Management Team and in harmony with other staff members and ministry leaders, this vital role provides administrative, operational and ministry-development leadership, to
enhance and advance New Venture’s practical ability to fulfill the church’s Vision and Mission as established by the Senior Pastor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
All duties are performed under the supervision of the Senior Pastor and as part of the Advisory Management Team:
- Develop, implement and administrate the processes and procedures of “Connection Steps,” providing an accessible pathway to spiritual maturity for those who make up the NVCF family, with the goal of 50% involvement in 24 months.
- Observe, assess, and evaluate present systems and structures of NVCF’s ministry departments and programs, to develop, implement, and ensure the success of efficient models for the continued spiritual and numerical growth of the ministry.
- Create and implement assessment forms and evaluation tools that measure the productivity, efficiency and results of Staff, Departments, Ministry Programs and Church Growth Opportunities.
The Systems created will provide structure for, and ensure the viability, vitality and growth of the following:
- Connections Ministry:
- Develop, administer, and oversee a process which moves first time guests, new believers and others into Next Steps, Growth Programs and active Ministry Participation, becoming fully developed and involved members of NVCF. Includes,
but is not limited to:
- New to New Venture Luncheons, Discovery Weekends, Baptisms, Desserts, Adult Education, Partnership Programs, and the development of new programs and “Connection Steps.”
- Provide administration and oversight of Partner Relations, ensuring the mobilization of church-wide partner base through ongoing Partner Appreciation (Events, Rallies, etc) ensuring ministry leaders are providing sufficient training
- General Ministry Management:
- Identify and implement necessary tools to measure, evaluate and manage the effectiveness and success of
“Release” Ministries. (Prayer, Meals, Transportation, Exceptional Kids, Helping Hands, Gatekeepers, Men’s/Women’s Ministries, etc.)
- Provide Administration which assures Ministry Leaders are achieving agreed upon benchmarks, equipping, training and recruiting Partners, and properly managing and expanding their areas of ministry.
- Assist in the coordination of Special Events & Outreach Events:
- Represent the ministry regarding Church-Wide Events (Sunrise on the Shore, Autumn Fest, Thanksgiving Sunday Supper; etc.) as deemed necessary by the Sr. Pastor.
- Provide leadership, supervision and support to the Human Resource Director, ensuring compliance with the federal and state regulations.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively represent or present information to Leadership, public groups, and/or Boards of Directors.
- Platform Presence and other participation with Weekend Celebration Services (prayer, announcements, etc.); hospital visits; counseling; occasional leading of staff meetings or training sessions.
- Facilitate Staff Meetings (Wrap Up, S.E.T., Same Page, and Weekly Staff Meetings) as deemed necessary by the Sr. Pastor.
- Assist and administrate the management of, and evaluation of, the Pastoral Staff (achievement of goals and objectives, professional development, etc.) as deemed necessary by the Sr. Pastor.
- Serve on NVCF’s Ministry Management Team (MMT) regarding church disciplinary issues as deemed necessary by the Sr. Pastor.
- Assess, evaluate and enforce ministry matters as directed by the Sr. Pastor, freeing him up to fulfill what God has called him to do advancing the ministries of NVCF.
- Serve as representative of Sr. Pastor in his absence as deemed necessary by the Sr. Pastor.
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
- Commitment to our Lord Jesus Christ.
- 3-5yrs. experience in ministry leadership in like church setting preferred; not required.
- Passionate celebration and ownership of the Mission, Vision, Staff Values and purposes of New Venture Christian Fellowship and Schools.
- Ability to work flexible and /or overtime hours when required, to complete projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor, servant’s heart and a can-do attitude.
New Venture Christian Fellowship is a non-denominational church located in the community of Oceanside, North San Diego County.
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes a variety of employee contributed health benefit package, discounted school tuition for children attending our private Christian School, and a leave program that includes vacation and sick leave, plus 12
paid holidays a year.
No phone calls please.
Please forward your Cover Letter and Resume with position title Pastor of Ministry Development clearly indicated to:
Attn: Human Resources
New Venture Christian Fellowship
4000 Mystra Dr.
Oceanside, CA 92056