Description: Graphic Designer ?
Graphic Designer Job Purpose: Prepares visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts.
Graphic Designer Job Duties:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Desktop Publishing Tools, Acute Vision, Handles Rejection
- You must have a very good portfolio
- You must take direction very well and you must get along with others very well
- You must have a Bachelor's degree in graphic design or communication graphics
- You must have strong communication skills
- You must have strong color, design, and layout skills
- You must have a full understanding of basic printing specifications
- You must have the ability to successfully juggle simultaneous projects
- You must be goal-oriented, flexible and creative under pressure
Proficiency required in:?