Part-time Preschool Minister
The Preschool Minister is a C2 (Caring and Connecting) Discipler with specific responsibilities for leading children birth through Pre-Kindergarten to “Care for People and Connect them to Christ”. This position will assist in partnering with parents in the
spiritual development of their children. An emphasis will be to create a place where children can have fun and grow in the Lord at the same time.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Seminary Degree in Religious Education, College Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related degree is preferred; or related job experience leading preschool children.
- Administrative abilities to organize people, and projects.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role with a vision for ministry.
- A deep love for children driven from a deeper love for God and fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Experience in working with preschool children and their parents to foster an environment for the children to grow spiritually.
Executive Director (Temporary) / Next Generation Pastor
Next Generation Ministry Assistant (Shared Responsibility)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a well-rounded Preschool Ministry that is fully supportive of our churches Vision, Mission Statement and Strategy.
- Recruit, train, equip, lead, and shepherd volunteer staff to meet the needs of a growing preschool ministry.
- Participate in and/or lead Leader Meetings as required within Grow Groups, AWANA, Wee Worship, Pre Wee Worship, VBS and other teams.
- Working on special projects as part of the Next Generation Ministry Team.
- Provide consistent and effective communication to volunteers.
- Continually assess the space needs for continuing growth of preschool ministry.
- Conduct home visitation with parents and volunteers.
- Attend seminars or workshops for continuing education in preschool ministry.
- Maintain preschool rooms; making sure that the proper equipment and cleanliness is maintained.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum with input from the Grow Minister.
- Plan special events that will draw new families with preschoolers to Jersey.
- Plan and oversee childcare for church-wide programs, such as Christmas services, pageants and crusades.
- Develop, test and implement security procedures as needed for the safety of all preschoolers and preschool volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or Senior Pastor.
- Conservative theological views
- In complete agreement with Baptist Faith and Message
- Alignment with Jersey Baptist Church Vision, Mission Statement and Strategy
- Seeking to live a godly life consistent with the Ministry Staff Commitment