This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor, Youth and Education
Brainard Avenue Baptist Chuch
Countryside, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 01/06/2009
Categories: Combo Positions
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Our Associate Pastor will lead in the youth ministry at Brainard.
• Develop the youth as followers of Jesus Christ who:
o love God with all their heart,
o love each other,
o seek to bring lost friends to Christ.
• Teach, equip, and counsel youth
• Lead the church to minister to youth through mentoring and developing others to assume youth leadership positions in the future.
Our Associate Pastor will oversee the development of Bible Study Ministries through both Sunday School and small groups at BABC.
• Develop growing children’s ministries.
o Recruiting and training volunteers
o Develop leadership
• Lead the selection and oversight of teaching curriculum
• Create ministries for reaching and discipling people
• Maintain an inventory of the spiritual gifts, talents, and skills of church members
• Provide administrative support for FAITH ministry
Our Associate Pastor will report to the Senior Pastor and assist in other ministry areas of the church as assigned by the Pastor. Examples of other ministry areas may include:
• Assist in the worship services
• Develop leadership in the area of technology
• Assist in visitation
• Edit church publications as assigned.
• Assist the pastor in overall church development, evaluation of church ministries and recommendations regarding the church future.
Spiritual Gifts sought:
Character assets sought:
• A man of integrity
• Called by God to full-time pastoral ministries in a local church setting
• Meet the qualifications of Overseer as defined in I Timothy 3
• Southern Baptist in affiliation.
Appropriate education and experience required